Did I screw up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I screw up?

I have been reading this forum for some time, and I should have known better. But I filed for BK 7 on 8-7-09, and had my 341 last week. (all went well) Trustee has already declared "No asset, No distribution" and all we are waiting for is the 60 days for creditor objections and to discharge. Prior to filing BK, I have not had a single late payment on my CR.

So yesterday, curiosity got the best of me and I applied for a Orchard Bank CC. I didn't expect a approval, but I wanted to see what happened. All 3 Credit reporting places are showing the BK. In any case, I was approved for 1500.00 unsecured.

I will NOT be using this card, but only wanted a jump on rebuilding.

Can I get in trouble for this with the Trustee? He has already finished with my case, based on his comments in Pacer. I figure when the card arrives I won't even activate it and just put it away for now. Once I am Discharged, I will use it for a tank of gas (and pay it off immediately) once per month to show a steady payment and responsible use.

Thoughts? I know I should have waited. I did not put any thought into the idea that I might actually cause myself problems by applying.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Yikes!! According to what I understand you cannot apply for any credit until the bk has been officially discharged...if the trustee were to find out, it could mean trouble for you....I am not 100% sure and I also don't know if the laws in regards to this vary from state to state. I know in CA, my attorney said that was a no no but in any event just check with your attorney.....any one else have any thoughts on this?
    Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

Applying for credit before discharge is a big no no. I'm not sure how much trouble you can get in for it though. Don't use it and don't activate it.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I will not be using or activating it. I shouldn't have applied...but wasn't thinking about that at the time. Hopefully by not activating or using...I won't get into trouble with the BK.
        8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
        11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X