Credit score before and after bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit score before and after bk

I just signed the paper for bk and waiting for my 341 meeting date.Excited and very anxious to get all this done with and start fresh. i am curious on to what credit scores people had before and after bk and how long it took to obtain a credit card to re-establish your credit. please provide not just for me but any one else curious.

credit score before bk?
    credit score after bk?
    obtain a cc after bk? how long after?
    obtain a car loan after? how long?
    what cards and credit limit?

thank you.

credit score before bk? 550ish
    credit score after bk? same
    obtain a cc after bk? how long after? 2 weeks after 341 meeting (Orchard Bank)
    obtain a car loan after? how long? N/A
    what cards and credit limit? Capital One $300, Hooters $300, Orchard Bank $320, Credit One Bank $200

I would especially be interested to know what car loans are available and the APR terms one or two months after bankruptcy as I am due to get a new "used" car in the next month or so

Comment

Originally posted by jcregs28 View Post
      credit score before bk? 550ish
      credit score after bk? same
      obtain a cc after bk? how long after? 2 weeks after 341 meeting (Orchard Bank)
      obtain a car loan after? how long? N/A
      what cards and credit limit? Capital One $300, Hooters $300, Orchard Bank $320, Credit One Bank $200

I would especially be interested to know what car loans are available and the APR terms one or two months after bankruptcy as I am due to get a new "used" car in the next month or so
      If you are only two weeks post-341 and are not discharged yet, how have you obtained the cards you listed above? CapOne, Hooters, Orchard Bank, Credit One Bank - are those all new accounts? From reading your other posts, it sounds like your CapOne isn't your account and that you're an authorized user. What about the others? I ask because you shouldn't be applying for new credit before discharge; you could be in big trouble with your trustee.
      CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
      341 Meeting 4/7/2009
      Discharged 7/10/2009
      Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

Cupcake,

the only one i applied DURING bankruptcy was Orchard Bank, and was approved ( i wanted to get a head start on rebuilding credit, and my attorney told me that if i got approved for credit after the 341 meeting, the trustee would not do anything to jeopardize losing the discharge as she had alrweady filed her report of no distribution).

The Cap One IS as an authorized user, but the Hooters and Credit One cards I got within the last month (i was already discharged on 8-24-09).

Comment

CS before bk? 780s (immediately before I stopped paying on the CCs; I think it was in the 600s right before I filed)
          CS after bk? 641 (2 months post-discharge)
          Obtain a cc after bk? Yes - unsecured CapOne $1,000 limit; How long after?1 month post-discharge
          Car loan after bk? How long? N/A. I bought a car but paid cash for it.
          What cards and credit limits? Currently, I have a Macy's Visa $500 limit and Macy's store card $500 limit (both had zero balances at time of filing and survived the BK); and CapOne Mastercard with $1,000 limit.
          341 Meeting 4/7/2009
          Discharged 7/10/2009
          Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

Originally posted by jcregs28 View Post
            Cupcake,

the only one i applied DURING bankruptcy was Orchard Bank, and was approved ( i wanted to get a head start on rebuilding credit, and my attorney told me that if i got approved for credit after the 341 meeting, the trustee would not do anything to jeopardize losing the discharge as she had alrweady filed her report of no distribution).

The Cap One IS as an authorized user, but the Hooters and Credit One cards I got within the last month (i was already discharged on 8-24-09).
            Oh good! Thanks for the clarification. I thought that you might not be discharged yet and didn't want anything to jeopardize your eventual discharge.

A word to the wise... you might not want to apply for anymore new credit. Every time you apply for something new your CR takes a hit and shows the hard credit pull. Too many pulls in a short time looks really bad to creditors. You should do fine with rebuilding with the CCs you have.
            341 Meeting 4/7/2009
            Discharged 7/10/2009
            Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

credit score before bk? TU 532, EQ 457
              credit score after bk? TU 518 (has probably gone up significantly since June but won't know until end of Sept), EQ 597
              obtain a cc after bk? how long after? 3 months
              obtain a car loan after? how long? Haven't tried
              what cards and credit limit? 3 months after BK: Credit One $200, Kay's $2000, Jared $2000.....6 months after BK: Cap1 $500, Orchard $300
              Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
              341 Meeting: 1/7/09
              Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
              Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

credit score before bk? I think that it was around 490
                credit score after bk? Not sure, but had to check out of morbid curiosity 3 months ago (almost 1 year after filing) - 630
                obtain a cc after bk? how long after? No interest in it (sorry about the pun)
                obtain a car loan after? how long? No need
                what cards and credit limit? None
                Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
                Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
                If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

so it is possible to obtain credit after bk. my credit score at the moment is 495. hopefully it goes up after bk because of the income to debt ratio.

everyone has been saying for me to to file bk in which i already did but they all tell me i wont get apporved for anything for 10 years. i see thats a lie and there are alot of people obtaining credit after bk. There is life after bk!!! live on bk!! lol

Comment

Sure it's possible to obtain credit after bk. You're probably a better risk right after bk, because you can't do it again for the next 7 or 8 years. Getting rid of all of the debt frees up your cash flow so that you can pay the bills you do have better too.

Just don't jump right back into the frying pan of debt.
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

My pre and post scores are listed below in my signature...

I'm concerned that my credit score will not go up because My 2 mortgages are still listed on my report. They have not been IIB or anything and they are showing as 90+ days late.

My home has not gone into foreclosure yet... can I have the mortgages removed from my credit report or will they stay there until the foreclosure is complete?
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

yea i def wont make the same mistake again...my goal is to buy a house within the next 5 years if possible...So after im done with this bk discharge i am going to feel very relieved and stress free...Im going to feel like a new man...i appreciate everyone answering this thread..

Comment

Originally posted by mikemike View Post
                          I just signed the paper for bk and waiting for my 341 meeting date.Excited and very anxious to get all this done with and start fresh. i am curious on to what credit scores people had before and after bk and how long it took to obtain a credit card to re-establish your credit. please provide not just for me but any one else curious.

credit score before bk? Over 800
                          credit score after bk?Somewhere around 700
                          obtain a cc after bk? how long after?Got the Hooter's good old 29% interest card 6 months after it was complete.
                          obtain a car loan after? how long?Still have the same 4Runner
                          what cards and credit limit?Chase: $4K, Racetrack $2K, HSCB: $5K, Firestone: $2K

thank you.
                          Hope that helps.
                          Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                          Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by jennordhavn View Post
                            credit score before bk? TU 532, EQ 457
                            credit score after bk? TU 518 (has probably gone up significantly since June but won't know until end of Sept), EQ 597
                            obtain a cc after bk? how long after? 3 months
                            obtain a car loan after? how long? Haven't tried
                            what cards and credit limit? 3 months after BK: Credit One $200, Kay's $2000, Jared $2000.....6 months after BK: Cap1 $500, Orchard $300
                            Got new recent scores...so 6 months post-discharge my scores are:

TU 590
                            EQ 610
                            Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                            341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                            Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                            Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

judging from peoples credit scores and being able to get a credit card and car loans after bk doesnt seem to bad after all. I mean yea it'll be on your credit report for 7-10 years but is not as bad as it seems. In my opinion..Theres def life after bk..Just make better choices

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X