top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good reason for a new CC, and which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good reason for a new CC, and which one?

Hi All,

I've been away from the forums for several months now. Just been laying low and getting that fresh start. We've re-located, got new jobs, and just recently sent the trustee the tax return & refund as required and are awaiting closing after almost a year. (Filed October '08)

I know this has been discussed thousands of times on the boards, but since I haven't been on for a while thought I'd see whats new, and share a reason to get a new CC after BK.

I have been subscribed for several years to equifax to monitor credit scores & credit reports. On my blog (Which also hasn't been updated in months!) I showed the history of our credit scores through the BK filing & Discharge.

Our goal is to be able to buy a home again (We surrendered our in the BK) in 2-3 years. For that you need good credit scores right? Well, my wifes scores which had climbed back up to 675 in the past mones just dropped down to 652. We assumed since the home foreclosure was now showing as a public record as a suit/judgement that was the drop. But when I checked it, the reason was for not enough revolving credit!

We had been waiting to apply for any cards to avoid the inquiries on the report. (Too many inquireies in a 2 year period also drops your score) I still show 6-7 inquires that are going to drop off in the next month or two from when I was trying to save the business prior to the BK filing. I was hoping when they dropped off my score would also rebound some more. (Currently 648)

So after reading all that... the question is what are currently the more BK friendly cards to get? I'd prefer a store type card, as opposed to Major CC... But need ones that report to the agencies.

Any additional tips in the last several months since the number of BK filings have gone up in regards to BK friendly credit issuers?

Thanks in advance.
    Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
    2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
    Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

I was approved through Orchard Bank 2 weeks post discharge with a $500 dollar credit limit and a $39 dollar annual fee (no other fees). Other people have had luck with Capital One. I'm not sure about store cards, I have no intention of getting any other cards except for the Orchard one currently. There are a couple threads on the first page in this board that might answer your question better as well. Good luck!!

Comment

We were approved with Capital One and Hooters Mastercard. We were just discharged in July.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Capital One, Orchard and Hooters seem to be BK friendly. I haven't been able to get Hooters (applied twice so I'm waiting at least 6 months to try again), but I got the other two.

If you're interested in store cards....Kay Jewelers and Jared are BK friendly.
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
        341 Meeting: 1/7/09
        Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
        Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X