top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does keeping current before CH7 help later on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does keeping current before CH7 help later on?

So I am pretty much current on everything although it is getting more and more difficult. I am going to have to file CH7 but want to wait 90 days so my July income falls off of the 6 month means test.

Do you all have experience or an educated guess as to if it makes any difference to my post discharge credit score, if the last posted payment on each account shows current and then BK'd. Or if it show 30Late, 60Late, 90Late, and then the final BK.

I think general wisdom is not to throw good money after bad but if a few more months of payments will make all the difference later on it may be worth it.

Your scenario may be a good idea.

We did exactly what you said, and our FICO scores never dropped below 638. We were 695-700 before filing.

Not entirely sure if this was the reason we dropped so little, but I'm thinking it didn't hurt.

Both my wife and I are now back up to 656/662 and have had no problem getting credit at reasonable terms (6.24% car loans, credit cards, etc). Of course we pay off all non-secured debt (credit cards) every month.
    Chapter 7 Filed - 11/27/07
    Discharged - 2/29/08
    Unsecured Debt Discharged - $162k +/- (small business, personally guaranteed)
    Finally Closed - 3/1/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X