Applying for credit before and after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying for credit before and after discharge

Ok i am curious. I am tempted to apply for cap one but i am not discharged yet. My dc is dec 21.
    Now my question is, if i apply before discharge and they reject me will i be able to re-apply after discharge? does the inquiry go on my credit report before dc? will it come off after dc? please help thanx

The inq stays like any normal inq...2 years. Cap one denied me and said to re-apply after 45 days. I would wait till discharge but some people have gotten cards right after the 341.
    7-2-2009 Filed
    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

First, what's the rush?

You can't apply for credit after filing and prior to discharge - period. If you do, and the trustee finds out... very bad. You most likely wouldn't get approved anyway.

Wait until after your discharge. 1) It's not worth the potential trouble with the trustee; 2) You probably wouldn't be approved; and 3) It's not worth taking the extra hit on your CR and risk not getting approved in the future.
      CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
      341 Meeting 4/7/2009
      Discharged 7/10/2009
      Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
        First, what's the rush?

You can't apply for credit after filing and prior to discharge - period. If you do, and the trustee finds out... very bad. You most likely wouldn't get approved anyway.

Wait until after your discharge. 1) It's not worth the potential trouble with the trustee; 2) You probably wouldn't be approved; and 3) It's not worth taking the extra hit on your CR and risk not getting approved in the future.
        Ditto. No new credit until your discharged.
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Yea u guys are right. I"ll just wait until im discharged. I was curious thats all. thank you

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X