Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is MyFico..

Your real true credit score?

I'm looking for a good place to go to get our true scores. We had a Truecredit account but those are not real scores at all.

Thanks!
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

The long answer is that MyFico is a true credit score based on a certain model that heavily favors credit card usage.

There are many other fico models of course. There are auto models, home-buying models, etc. The myfico score is a general score that weights credit card usage more than some of the other models.

It is the best snapshot of your score you can get without having insider access to some of the more specialized models. I pull myfico when I want to see my score, except for Experian of course, which is in the middle of a huge lawsuit with fico and does not allow consumers to get a fico score.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

MyFico are the most "true" scores available to the general public. The rest are called FAKO scores because they are fake. Note that you can get an absolutely free score from Credit Karma which is based on the TU score but it is about 75 points higher than my real TU fico. You can get updates daily also without having to buy a monitoring service like all the other "free" sites.
      7-2-2009 Filed
      8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
      10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Wow! We have a ways to go. I tried that Credit Karma and it says dh's score is 662! So that means his real score is like 590?

Ouch!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Equifax supplies your actual fico score
          My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
          posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

I plan on signing up for truecredit.com, for people who used or are using it is it good in terms of looking at your credit report? I mean how far off are the scores compared to your true fico?
            Discharged: 12/23/2008

Comment

Originally posted by sguerra923 View Post
              I plan on signing up for truecredit.com, for people who used or are using it is it good in terms of looking at your credit report? I mean how far off are the scores compared to your true fico?
              We had Truecredit and cancelled it b/c every time something changed on our report it would email us. However, when we logged in to look at the changes the changes showed up but the credit report we were looking at was actually the one they pulled the day we signed up it was not a new one or an updated one. It showed our home mortgage reporting incorrectly. My mortgage company insisted they had updated it and when I finally got to the bottom of it it had been updated TrueCredit just wasn't showing us the updated/new report.
              7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
                We had Truecredit and cancelled it b/c every time something changed on our report it would email us. However, when we logged in to look at the changes the changes showed up but the credit report we were looking at was actually the one they pulled the day we signed up it was not a new one or an updated one. It showed our home mortgage reporting incorrectly. My mortgage company insisted they had updated it and when I finally got to the bottom of it it had been updated TrueCredit just wasn't showing us the updated/new report.
                ahhhh ic ic.. thanks for the heads up aces.. Does anyone know of a good crediting monitoring site that gives you real scores and updated credit reports? I mean I do my free credit report every year but I don't mind paying every month as long as its accurate etc .. thanks in advance..

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
                  Wow! We have a ways to go. I tried that Credit Karma and it says dh's score is 662! So that means his real score is like 590?

Ouch!
                  The good thing about CKarma is they will show the differences immediately when you get a new account. Free is good too

My FICO for TU is 602 as of today and CKarma says 701 so yes there is quite a difference, usually about 75-100 points.
                  7-2-2009 Filed
                  8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                  10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sguerra923 View Post
                    ahhhh ic ic.. thanks for the heads up aces.. Does anyone know of a good crediting monitoring site that gives you real scores and updated credit reports? I mean I do my free credit report every year but I don't mind paying every month as long as its accurate etc .. thanks in advance..
                    *bump*

Comment

My CreditKarma credit score is the same as what TU shows? I have heard that their score is inflated but so far is the same as my TU score. But, I'm also interested in a good monthly service that updates and shows all three reports anyone with any recommendations? Would like to see how things change during the Bk and then what I need to work on correcting after my discharge.
                      November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Just an update my KarmaCredit is now 682, but myFICO TU and Experian is 555! Oh well, I knew the Bk would pull it down.... now the duty of rebuilding and make those correction of errors in my CRs!
                        November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Originally posted by SPalin View Post
                          Just an update my KarmaCredit is now 682, but myFICO TU and Experian is 555! Oh well, I knew the Bk would pull it down.... now the duty of rebuilding and make those correction of errors in my CRs!
                          Sorry I meant Equifax not Experian.

Comment

I love identity guard. I receive report quarterly and updates daily. The updates are accurate. They are on top of public filings, too. They have other features. I think I pay 14.99 mo. I really don't need to see my report more than quarterly. That report includes all 3 credit reporting unions and each of their scores.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X