Question on when to apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on when to apply

Hello everyone this is my first post. I wish I would have found this forum before I filed as there is a lot of info that is shared. I just got my discharge 12/8/2009. Now my status on Pacer says awaiting closing. On the deadline/hearing part of pacer it says Government proof of claim is 1/20/2010(not sure what that means). My question is can I apply for a card now or do I have to wait for the status to say closed?

You can apply anytime after discharge but you may not get approved seeing your discharge was just a week ago. You may want wait a little, at least a month after your discharge...
    CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
    341 Meeting 4/7/2009
    Discharged 7/10/2009
    Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

You can apply any time after discharge. I agree that the longer you wait, the better your offers will be.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I applied for Orchard the day after discharge. Wish I would have waited as the same bank HSBC later sent me a pre-approval which I could not use because of the Orchard card.

Try their pre-approval site, it won't pull a real report until you apply.
        7-2-2009 Filed
        8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
        10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Ok thanks Capital One,Hsbc, and First Premier we some cards i was discharged from so i can't apply for those.

Comment

Another that might take you is "Hooters".

Good luck!
            7-2-2009 Filed
            8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
            10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Thanks i keep trying Hooters but keep getting a website error. Ill try in a month or so as i really want to get started in rebuilding my credit score.

Comment

With the new cc rules starting in Feb (I think)

Would it be better to wait?
                Making financial failure my teacher, not my undertaker!
                Ch7 Filed 9/23/09
                341 11/05/09
                01/07/2010 Discharge!!

Comment

Yea not sure why the hooters site isn't working... I applied at the end of November and it was working... If you want, you can call their 800 number and apply. When I call to get my automated account info it says like press 2 to apply for the card...
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

*bump* Was I just lied to? I called Orchard, and the CSR said, "oh no, we have many customers who hold the Orchard card and Best Buy along with multiple other HSBC cards. Well, I just applied for an HSBC card again and all that came up was a secured HSBC card. When the time comes, will I have to cancel my Orchard card to get a regular HSBC card? Cap One won't approve me for anything since I BK'd 15k with them...and that was two years ago.
                    Filed C7: 03/09/09
                    341: 04/30/09
                    Discharged 6/30/09!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X