Cleanup after chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleanup after chapter 7

I have a question for the credit/bankruptcy gurus out there. I've heard that if you write a letter to each of the Credit Reporting Bureaus requesting to have older items removed from your credit report, they will more-than-likely comply with your request.

I realize that a discharged bankruptcy stays on your credit for 7+ years, but is it possible to increase your credit score by requesting to have delinquent items (that were included in the discharged bankruptcy) removed from your credit reports?

Factual and verified factual items will stay there for seven years, and chapter 7 bankruptcy for 10 years.
    Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
    Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
    If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

Sometimes when you remove them, they will get added back showing a newer (incorrect) date and that can actually hurt your score.

If its correct and the date is also correct, you might leave it alone and let it season.

Comment

If they are accurate, leave them alone.

You get some of the "credit repair gurus" that advise for you to dispute, dispute, dispute. Dispute everything and hope that the creditor doesn't respond, thus it would come off of your report.

Leave it alone, let is age. Go forward and do better. Let the past be in the past.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X