Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit and Disability

Hello,

I have filed chapter 7 in 2006 and was discharged, went homeless and got myself an apartment several months later after getting approved for receiving disability from social security because I'm deaf and getting a job would be very difficult on my end.

However, I worked part-time for a bit in the last two years and the job closed down due to a case being resolved (worked in social services). Now, I'm unemployed. I tried to rebuild my credit for a Cap One card but was turned down due to the fact I had a bankruptcy record. This frustrated me to no end because I tried to apply last year as well.

What I'm trying to figure out is how can one person who is unemployed and receiving disability get a chance to rebuild credit? What am I supposed to say or write on the application form? The employment questionaire was'nt specific because I'm on government benefits and was trying to do self-employment work on my own as an artist/creative. Usually most questionaire forms on credit cards can be vague and not specific enough to give me a chance to get credit.

I came close to getting an Orchard Bank card but held off because of HSBC that runs it. I said "Hell no am I going to be HSBC's b---h again". But a sibling recommended Capital One but it did'nt work out to my favor

Any suggestions?

Have you tried a credit union? Is your income sent to you or deposited in a bank or credit union? I ask this because both financial istituitions offer credit cards, and if you have an account in good standing, they might agree to a ccard of theirs to begin to rebuild your credit. You would list your income on the form, and that you are unemployed. Your debt ratio/income will come into play too. Won't hurt to try......
    (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
    :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

My disability goes to my checking at one bank only. I also do have a savings at a credit union bank in another area. The latter requires a secured card but I think the former might as well. It's not a bad suggestion and I can do a bit more research on it.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
      Have you tried a credit union? Is your income sent to you or deposited in a bank or credit union? I ask this because both financial istituitions offer credit cards, and if you have an account in good standing, they might agree to a ccard of theirs to begin to rebuild your credit. You would list your income on the form, and that you are unemployed. Your debt ratio/income will come into play too. Won't hurt to try......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X