top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of course... (Short, funny Orchards anecdote)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course... (Short, funny Orchards anecdote)

Couldn't get approved for any unsecured cards (not sure how you people are doing that, btw!) so I decided to bite the bullet and do the Orchards secured card.

It's quite a process of sending in an application and a check, they send you a bunch more stuff to sign and request a bunch more stuff to prove your identity, you send all that back and then wait. And wait.

Finally the check was cashed so I figured the card was on the way.

So yesterday I get my "Welcome" letter that states my card will be here in another 10 to 14 business days (what takes so long?!?).

And - after sending in copies of my DL, passport, utility bills, etc to verify my identity - and waiting all this flippin' time for it to be processed...

Wait for it...

They put in a completely WRONG middle initial for me. So all my paperwork and presumably my card will say "David L. Smith" instead of "David J. Smith." Not my actual name, but they messed up my "J" middle initial with an "L."

Seriously? After asking for all those documents you messed THAT up?!?

Now I'm going to have to wait AGAIN to get that corrected and be issued a new card. I don't want it reported to the credit bureaus under the wrong name after all of this crap.
    Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
    341 - 8/24/09
    Discharged - 11/3/09
    Closed - 12/10/09

Just a question, did the previous paperwork have your name correctly, before the "welcome letter"? I would contact them and have it corrected ASAP, otherwise you may have another 10-14 day delay before you have a card you can use.
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Originally posted by SPalin View Post
      Just a question, did the previous paperwork have your name correctly, before the "welcome letter"? I would contact them and have it corrected ASAP, otherwise you may have another 10-14 day delay before you have a card you can use.
      Well, hi, Governor.

None of the previous correspondence had a middle initial at all.
      Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
      341 - 8/24/09
      Discharged - 11/3/09
      Closed - 12/10/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X