Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved then Declined for Orchards Secured

I can't catch a break...

I was approved for an Orchards Secured Card, they cashed my check, they sent me a "welcome" packet, and then I get a notice in the mail that I am NOT approved.

I called to find out why and was told that since one of my BK'd accounts was with HSBC (a GM Mastercard) that my request for a secured card was declined and that my $200 deposit was on the way back to me as of today.

Well, crap.

Will being an authorized user on one of my wife's accounts help start the rebuilding?
    Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
    341 - 8/24/09
    Discharged - 11/3/09
    Closed - 12/10/09

Being an authorized user doesn't help because the account is not in your name and the history of the account is not reported to your credit. It's jsut reported as authroized user. To build the credit up, you'll need to have your own account(s), or have a joint account with your wife.
    Bankruptcy History:
    Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
    Discharged - 02/16/2006
    Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Try www.lifeafterbankruptcy.com

He also has an ebook on getting secured cards right after BK. http://www.lifeafterbankruptcy.com/issue/68-bms/
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

You may benefit by becoming an authorized user on your wife's accounts.

In 2007, FICO decided to eliminate authorized users from credit scoring. FICO retracted this in 2008. AUs can benefit by being linked to upstanding accounts. The score model has been modified to prevent the former piggybacking that occurred.

*Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

It depends on the card I guess. I'm an authorized user on DH's Cap One card and it reports to my credit also.
          4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
          5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
          7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
          7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

My wife added me as an authorized user on her AmEx. Let's see how that goes...

Can they decline me for that, too?
            Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
            341 - 8/24/09
            Discharged - 11/3/09
            Closed - 12/10/09

Comment

As HakunaMatata says, authorized user cards will report, but their significance to your fico score has changed significantly in fico's modeling since 2007. You will not get anywhere near the same bump in your score from being an authorized user as you used to pre-2007. What being an authorized user CAN do for your score is give you age, which will help boost your score.
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X