Approved by Firestone for their CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved by Firestone for their CC

I went into my local Firestone store to get tires for the Envoy I bought back from the bank last year (my daily driver). I dont get paid for another week and a half, and one of my tires are un-repairable, so my Dad was going to lend me the money.

Well I decided to go to the store and try to brow-beat them on the price, when the girl said that if I applied for the Firestone card, I get 90 days same as cash and 10% off my first purchase. I told her that I had a bk on my file, and my credit score probably wasnt high enough. She offered to call the credit company and let me talk to them. Turns out they use TU for their approval and "like" a minimum score of 620. My true FICO score for TU is 617, as of January 2010.

I applied and was approved for $1,400! Of course, the tires are only $500, but the addt'l open credit will be nice. I got the 90 days same as cash, and 10% off my purchase.

I was so surprised I was approved. So to anybody else who needs car repairs - the Firestone Card is apparently BK friendly
    Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
    Discharged 4-17-09!!!
    Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
    "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

I have it too, good card for emergency car needs.
    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

I just got approved for Firestone too. I applied online and got the card in the mail the other day. When I called, I found out I have a $1400 limit. I got an oil change today and will be getting the brakes done next week. I love the 90 days same as cash! Plus they have lots of coupons on their website.
      Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
      341 Meeting: 1/7/09
      Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
      Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

You BK filers seem to get the best credit I try to pay my bills
        like a good soldier, and all I get is $500, and maxed it out
        in just a few min on repairs, tires, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by dscurlock View Post
          You BK filers seem to get the best credit I try to pay my bills
          like a good soldier, and all I get is $500, and maxed it out
          in just a few min on repairs, tires, etc...
          I think Firestone bases your limit on your income as well as credit history.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that info with those of us trying to rebuild our credit I have a Firestone right down the street
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Be careful with firestone for rebuilding credit though. They do not report credit limits, so anything you charge with them is going to show up on your reports as maxed out relative to your credit limit and will hurt your utilization score.
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                Be careful with firestone for rebuilding credit though. They do not report credit limits, so anything you charge with them is going to show up on your reports as maxed out relative to your credit limit and will hurt your utilization score.
                Could you explain that more indepth? I only charged my oil change & paid it off. Wasn't ready to drop $500 on tires just yet....
                Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,

Comment

Well, that's interesting. Thanks for the info. I was considering them, but not now. I think reporting credit limit should be required.
                  Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by AMISLANDER View Post
                    Could you explain that more indepth? I only charged my oil change & paid it off. Wasn't ready to drop $500 on tires just yet....
                    If you buy something and you miss the credit reporting cut off for paying it off, then what you bought will show up as used credit, but you will not have a credit limit showing, so your overall utilization will be affected negatively, and this will actually lower your fico scores.

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
                      Well, that's interesting. Thanks for the info. I was considering them, but not now. I think reporting credit limit should be required.
                      I totally agree. There is no point in getting a card to improve fico scores that will hurt your utilization and thereby lower your fico scores.

Comment

I noticed on my EQ report, it does show the credit limit, but on EX it doesn't. It hasn't shown up yet on TU but I will let you guys know.

Comment

Hmm thats strange... I checked myfico.com 2 days ago, and it reported to all 3 that my credit limit was $1400.
                          Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
                          Discharged 4-17-09!!!
                          Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
                          "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

Originally posted by Intoodeep80 View Post
                            Hmm thats strange... I checked myfico.com 2 days ago, and it reported to all 3 that my credit limit was $1400.
                            Maybe they have fixed the problem. Have you used the card yet? My friends had their credit limit "disappear" on their credit reports when they used the card. It only reported what they had charged at that point.

Comment

thanx.

I've been discharged now for 3 years.
                              Credit scores don't worry me, they're all relative. I don't even know what mine is but I'm sure if it's reflected by my current credit lines...I know it's all good.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X