Clear All

Declined by Jared's and Kays WTF

Yes, way too early.
    Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
    Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
    341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

I thought that may be the problem. I just want to get my credit rebuilt asap.

Comment

Originally posted by jbradley View Post
        I thought that may be the problem. I just want to get my credit rebuilt asap.
        Maybe it was way too soon for credit for a jewelry store, have you tried Capital One yet? I applied about a week after discharge and was approved for a $500 limit Not much, but that's all I needed to help rebuild my credit
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I have not tryed them yet. I had a card with Cap one that I added in to my BK and I was not sure if they would work with me after that. Did any one else have cap one in there BK and get a card froom them after the discharge?

Comment

I have not tryed them yet. I had a card with Cap one that I added in to my BK and I was not sure if they would work with me after that. Did any one else have cap one in there BK and get a card froom them after the discharge?
            I did. I BK'd them, then I jokingly applied for them, knowing I'd get denied, but low and behold, my card was in the mailbox. I tore the envelope open and saw the card with a $500 limit. Needless to say, I was in shock. You can also try to get a household bank card. They're pretty easy too

Comment

Wow! How long after you discharged did you apply?

Comment

You already have 3 inquiries just 1 week out of you BK discharge. Whenever you have an inquiry it stays on your report for a few years but the first 90 days are most critical so I would maybe try one BK friendly credit card then wait for at least 90 days to apply for something else.

If I were you I would visit some of the other credit boards and see who's giving out credit. I would try to get a CC that is BK friendly and then use it for at least 3 months before I'd try to get any other credit.

good luck,

Logan

Comment

Wow! How long after you discharged did you apply?
                  I was discharged on 7/29/2009 and I applied in Late january of 2010

Comment

Capital One won't touch me... they keep saying I'm denied because of deliquency with them. Apparently they aren't friendly to some people... lol.
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Capital One gave my husband and I each a $1000 credit limit with 0% interest for a year. No fee attached to mine and my husband's had a $39.00 annual fee.

Also, our credit union card survived so far. Whatever I charge, I pay off instantly.
                      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                      Discharged: 11/30/2009
                      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

after being denied by CapOne(for BK filing), i just received a HOOTERS MasterCard, $2000limit, no fee, 23.5% interest. i was discharged in 10-09. 1 week out is to soon, and if you have mutiple inquiries, you should wait a few months before trying anywhere else. also BestBuy RewardZone MasterCard thru HSBC is known for issuing credit card soon after BK althought youll pay an annual $59 fee.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSmithster View Post
                          after being denied by CapOne(for BK filing), i just received a HOOTERS MasterCard, $2000limit, no fee, 23.5% interest. i was discharged in 10-09. 1 week out is to soon, and if you have mutiple inquiries, you should wait a few months before trying anywhere else. also BestBuy RewardZone MasterCard thru HSBC is known for issuing credit card soon after BK althought youll pay an annual $59 fee.
                          Thats the strange thing. I think it's the luck of the draw. I applied for a capital one card 2 months ago and got denied, then I re-appled 1 month ago and got approved. I BK'd them and got discharged on 7/2009. Now I applied for an Orchard Bank card and got denied. I tried again and got denied again. A friend of mine applied for an orchard bank card and got approved but got denied for a capital one card. I applied for a Hooters card and also got denied. It seems that some people are lucky and some just arent. The cards that I think are a "Must Apply after bankruptcy" are Capital one, Orchard bank, Hooters, Credit One. One of those companies HAVE to approve you. If not, just wait a while. If you can't wait, get a First Premier. I hate recommending them but they approve just about ANYONE. Their fees, however, are just insane and off the wall. They charge you a processing fee ($95) Annual fee, maintenance fee, fee to access your account online, fee to pay them over the phone or by check online. If you can think of a fee, First Premier charges it.

Comment

I applied at Capital One, Household Bank, and Orchard. Denied due to BK. I did get approved for Best Buy Reward Mastercard $300 limit..no AF. Also, Credit One $200 limit ..but has AF.

Tanya
                            Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
                            Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
                            On The Road To Rebuilding
                            5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

Originally posted by tanya0525 View Post
                              I applied at Capital One, Household Bank, and Orchard. Denied due to BK. I did get approved for Best Buy Reward Mastercard $300 limit..no AF. Also, Credit One $200 limit ..but has AF.

Tanya
                              Personally I think some of you are applying for too many cards to quickly. Get one card and use it once or twice, pay it off each time and wait 6 months to apply for another card. I started with a $500 limit on my 1st card and waited 4 billing cycles to get my 2nd card. 1 year later I had 3 cards totaling over 10K of credit. What else does anyone need?

Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X