Medical Continuation Post BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Continuation Post BK

What happens with the medical profession post bankruptcy? I will discharging debts to local hospitals and clinics.

I have medical insurance but has it been the practice of clinics d, MDs, etc. to deny service based on history?

If I have a copay that I pay upfront for office visits and the rest is picked up by insurance has anyone been turned away because of history?

Can I expect future medical to be pay as you go but I'm concerned about having to switch to different MDs and that's assuming any new Md would take us with our new credit history?

Any insights would be appreciated.

I have a lot of medical expenses that were discharged.

So far, everything has gone on exactly as before. I am waiting to see, though, what will occur with one particularly over-the-top and arrogant surgeon. He has, in the past, made it very clear that he is in the business for one thing-money. And been equally clear that he would refuse treatment if unpaid. We will see, but the worst that happens is I get to find a more compassionate surgeon.

Other than that, all smooth sailing. I think it varies, though, and wish you well.
    11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
    12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
    3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

It is possible for a doctor to turn you away for BKing them. A hospital is less likely to turn you away but they will want your portion of what insurance won't pay upfront.
      4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
      5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
      7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
      7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X