top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to rent a car NOW, have no cc, HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to rent a car NOW, have no cc, HELP!!

Just received a call, son-in-law is in ICU in Ca. (1000+mi away) Our daughter is a mess, I am flying to them but need a rental car as they live 2hrs from the airport and she can/will not leave his side.

We have no credit cards. SUGGESTIONS!!!!
    Making financial failure my teacher, not my undertaker!
    Ch7 Filed 9/23/09
    341 11/05/09
    01/07/2010 Discharge!!

Originally posted by NanaOf11 View Post
    Just received a call, son-in-law is in ICU in Ca. (1000+mi away) Our daughter is a mess, I am flying to them but need a rental car as they live 2hrs from the airport and she can/will not leave his side.

We have no credit cards. SUGGESTIONS!!!!
    Many places will rent to you with a debit card. Enterprise and National for sure and I think others will as well. Call around.
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

I think the only difference if you use a debit card is that they will charge you a flat fee upfront. If you use a credit card they just "hold" the account until you return the car and then charge you actual.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Hi
        Try Enterprize..we rebnted from them with a debit card...they put a 250 charge on the card and when we brought it back....they removed all the 250 MINUS the charge for the car $67.00 that transaction took about 3 days to post to my bank
        they also said a Money order is acceptable in the amount of $250 and that if I used a MO when the car was returned they wouyld simply give me the refund in cash from the $250 money order......hope thta helps

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
          I think the only difference if you use a debit card is that they will charge you a flat fee upfront. If you use a credit card they just "hold" the account until you return the car and then charge you actual.
          Yes, they will put a hold on your debit card......they do the same thing with the credit card. They will remove it as soon as you return the car and then you can use the debit card or cash or whatever form of payment you want.
          New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

My local Enterprise does an actual charge for the $150 "deposit", not just a hold. And then they take your fees out of that and refund the balance (if any) when you return the car. I've never had a problem with a debit card at any Enterprise.

Hertz is very hit or miss. One airport I frequent has a $50-125 hold policy. The other won't do it at all.

I hope your son in law pulls through and gets better. Drive safely.

Comment

Enterprise will take a debit card but charge you a deposit up front (not a hold an actual deposit) the deposit varies from $150 to $300 depending on the car you pick and the length of time the rental is for. They will take your actual charges out of the deposit when you return the car.

Hertz will either not rent to you with a debit card, or will do a hard pull credit check to your report if you use a debit card and are not a regular customer of theirs (ie have a Hertz plus gold id).
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by jadams View Post
                My local Enterprise does an actual charge for the $150 "deposit", not just a hold. And then they take your fees out of that and refund the balance (if any) when you return the car. I've never had a problem with a debit card at any Enterprise.

Hertz is very hit or miss. One airport I frequent has a $50-125 hold policy. The other won't do it at all.

I hope your son in law pulls through and gets better. Drive safely.
                When it's a debit card, a hold and a charge are the same thing. For me, this is why I have an emergency fund. I don't know the OP details, so she might not have even had time to start saving some money. If I need to rent a car, I transfer whatever they want to hold, charge, take a deposit or whatever from my savings to my checking and they can hold away. When you have money, it doesn't matter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X