Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bk friendly Best Buy (HSBC) MasterCard Soft Hit Pre-approval

Hello Everyone,

I see all the time people are looking for new cards to help build credit... Now I know alot of people on here are going to say "Credit is bad, and is what got you into this mess", but I know others are looking for a safe way to rebuild.

HSBC recently changed the terms on their Best Buy Mastercard, and is no longer offering secured cards, and now is offering a $100 credit limit for a gold card. There is no application fee, and no anual fee. You can see if your pre-approved through the link below, and there will only be a soft hit on your credit. (Beware- If you continue with the application process, it WILL be a hard hit).

Alot of people on the Credit Board forum are saying that they are approved even with other HSBC accounts, even with one's recently opened.

I applied becuase I figured it would help me build some credit if it is paid every month, and I cant get into alot of trouble with only $100. It's small, but a starting place for some of us that can get anything.

Sorry if others have already brought this up, I did a quick search and counldn't find it.

I hope this can help someone!

If you really want to screw up your credit then follow the link and apply!!!!

BEWARE

Comment

Oh my gosh......I got APPROVED $300Limit and its the regular reward card!!!!!!!!!!! My FIRST real rebuilder card. Gosh..I wish I would of found this before applying for Credit One Visa.

Thanks Look...you rock!!!

Tanya
      Last edited by tanya0525; 03-14-2010, 08:08 PM.
      Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
      Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
      On The Road To Rebuilding
      5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
        If you really want to screw up your credit then follow the link and apply!!!!

BEWARE
        I agree that this might hurt SOME people, but for others this could help their credit... It helped mine, and it is no worse then the Orchard Bank, or First Premier cards that everyone on here is paying $39-$99 yearly fees on...

The APR is high becuase it is a rewards card, but so are the rest of the sub-prime cards...

What do you feel makes this card different from the rest? Why is this one so bad? Maybe I missed something.

Again, I wouldnt say this card is for everyone, but I think it's a better starting point then First Premier for those just beginning to rebuild.
        Last edited by lookitsmikel; 03-14-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya0525 View Post
          Oh my gosh......I got APPROVED $300Limit and its the regular reward card!!!!!!!!!!! My FIRST real rebuilder card. Gosh..I wish I would of found this before applying for Credit One Visa.

Thanks Look...you rock!!!

Tanya
          Congrats! Glad I was able to help someone!

Comment

I have the gold one as well with a 500 limit... I think I have the one with the 39 annual fee though... but, its only 39 bucks. I haven't had any issues with it and I am really glad to have the two cards I have. You only need 2 major credit cards to rebuild anyways.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by lookitsmikel View Post
              I agree that this might hurt SOME people, but for others this could help their credit... It helped mine, and it is no worse then the Orchard Bank, or First Premier cards that everyone on here is paying $39-$99 yearly fees on...

The APR is high becuase it is a rewards card, but so are the rest of the sub-prime cards...

What do you feel makes this card different from the rest? Why is this one so bad? Maybe I missed something.

Again, I wouldnt say this card is for everyone, but I think it's a better starting point then First Premier for those just beginning to rebuild.
              So it appears the link is real. It came from someone who had 1 post at the time to a direct link for credit.

It could have easily have been a scam.

Be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                So it appears the link is real. It came from someone who had 1 post at the time to a direct link for credit.

It could have easily have been a scam.

Be careful.
                Haha- Good call... Now I understand! I normally dont speak up very often, just listen to what others have to say on here, but I thought that this might actually help someone. Thats why I only had one post at the time...

But Logan, you have a very good point... People do need to be careful of that, you never know who you are giving your SSN out to. We dont need to mess up our credit any more then we already have!

Comment

Look,

Thank you. I was actually approved with a $300 credit limit. Credit card debt was not the reason for my BK, but I do understand the need to rebuild my credit.

Comment

Nice rebuilder card...hope she grows a bit
                    7-2-2009 Filed
                    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Thanks OP. Just got approved with a $300 limit. Kinda low but for no annual fee, you can't beat this offer. My apr is 22% My First premier and Cap1 all have annual fees. Cap1 is $39 and FP is $75. I'll be getting rid of the FP card as soon as it's time to pay the annual fee again.

Comment

WOW! thank you! I got denied for cap one and hooters and finally got approved for the rewards gold with a $100 limit. I mean is nothing but something is something to build on. Thank you

Comment

I just applied for my husband via the link ... It said the app was under review and I should hear back within 10-14 days... it also had me do identity validation... is that a good sign?

It would be super awesome if my husband got approved because he has no credit and we really need to get his established.
                          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                            I just applied for my husband via the link ... It said the app was under review and I should hear back within 10-14 days... it also had me do identity validation... is that a good sign?

It would be super awesome if my husband got approved because he has no credit and we really need to get his established.
                            This happened to me as well when I first applied. They just needed to verify my phone number and some other things.

Give them a call at 1 (877) 277-0948, they should be able to help you and give you a quick answer.

When you filled out the application, it automatically calls the phone number you provide to verify it is a real number. If you don't answer, sometimes it wont approve you instantly from what the lady told me.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Yay I'm so happy. After much hassle! We had to submit 3 applications before we got one approved... everytime I did the online verification it kept denying him saying they couldn't verify his information. He has no credit and just got a green card last year so they were asking questions like how much was the auto loan you got in 2002... and every time I said N/A it was coming back as unable to verify.

But the third time I did the app I said I would confirm later and I called them with him. And the phone verification actually worked this time. So, I'm excited and so is he. He has his first US credit card. 100 dollar limit... but hey, he has something in his name only. I had him added to my hooters card, but authorized user doesn't have the same impact on the credit report as something in your name.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X