Credit Unions how they work??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Unions how they work??

ok i im curious and have no clue on how credit unions work. Do i have to belong to a credit union to get a loan or credit card? if not do i have to build trust with them at first or which credit union can i go to? I am not in a local union or anything but i've heard they are good and would like to try them for a auto loan or credit card. please help.

I believe the laws were changed a few years ago so that credit unions can recruit members from the whole state in which they are incorporated. We belong to two of them, one local and one distant (which we joined through a car dealer because they offered the best rate for my DH's car loan). In my experience the C/U is a great way to go for small loans and credit cards. I think they are all different. The best thing to do is to talk to your local C/U. Some offer very good advice about how to rebuild your credit. Good luck!
    Filed: August, 2003
    Discharged: Thanksgiving Eve, 2003

Total Consumer Debt Granted Since BK: $6,100
    Total Consumer Debt Left to Pay Off: $1,300 (Plus $50K+ in Student Loans ... )

Comment

Thank you....So i dont need to belong to a union to get into one? I have a mcu near me....can i just walk in? yea i've heard credit unions are the best...All i know of is mcu not other credit unions..Where can i find them?

Comment

no, you do not need to belong to a union to be a member of a CU. Some credit unions will accept anyone I think and other's will only accept certain people (usually related to your employer). We have two CU's where we live - one is for students/faculty/staff of Purdue University and then the CU we are members of will accept anyone I believe, but the $5 fee to join is waved if your employer is on their list of employers.
        Filed 8/2009
        Discharged & Closed 11/2009
        Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

ok thank you. I'm going to check within this week and see what happens and I'll keep u posted. I appreciate all ur help

Comment

List of Credit Unions

MikeMike,

This site might help you find other C/U's:

Good luck!
            Filed: August, 2003
            Discharged: Thanksgiving Eve, 2003

Total Consumer Debt Granted Since BK: $6,100
            Total Consumer Debt Left to Pay Off: $1,300 (Plus $50K+ in Student Loans ... )

Comment

Here is additional info on CUs:

The most important part of rebuilding your credit is establishing new credit. An excellent place to apply for credit is a credit union. Credit unions live by the philosophy — “People Helping People.”…
              *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Test and haku thank you for your help. I'll keep u posted on the research

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X