How long till pull cr's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long till pull cr's?

This is my first post on after the discharge.. we were discharged 2 days ago!

How long should we wait to pull credit reports? I'm sure it takes some time for them to report..

Thanks!
    Filing cpt.7 11/09 341- 1/21/10
    Report of no distribution 1/21/10
    Scheduled for discharge 3/22/10 (on my 15th wedding anniversary!)

I pulled our Experian a week to the day after our discharge and it was showing up there as being discharged. It also showed one AMEX as still being open (which freaked me out a bit) and our mortgage as being closed and written off (which darn near gave me a heart attack). Both were mistakes and I disputed them. Still waiting to hear back on the disputes.
    Filed 12/08/09
    341 1/07/10
    Discharged 3/23/10
    Closed 3/29/10

Comment

As part of my case my attorney will review them with me post discharge. His instructions were to pull them two months after discharge and make an appointment with him then. So I'm guessing his experience is that two months is enough time for things to get reported correctly, so that's a good time to start.
      Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I pulled mine days after I was discharged and also noticed that within a week the discharge was showing up .... I had a lot of accounts to correct and didn't have a problem getting them corrected. The only one I had a slight problem with was my mortgage with experian. They kept saying it was correct and it wasn't being removed but I just kept disputing the same thing a few times and then finally they figured it out. Its better to do it sooner than later so your scores can start improving.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I pulled ours within a week of being discharged, most were reporting correctly. I had a few disputes, but I pulled them again 6 months later (recently) and notice a few more incorrect things, so I'm currently disputing a couple of vehicle loans.
          May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
          May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
          May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X