Stalled in chapter 7 asset case and applied for credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalled in chapter 7 asset case and applied for credit card

Filed for chapter 7 on 10-21-09, 341 meeting 12-4. Trustee decided we were slightly over in assets due to me having title to my SUV. Answer to objection hearing scheduled end of Feb 10 and we get hit with a blizzard causing trustee to file continuance. Hearing rescheduled for 3-31 and then my lawyer files continuance and says he submitted a buy out offer to trustee. I looked on pacer and we have another hearing date on 4-27 now. I just started a new job and can't get time off from work so lawyer was supposed to be going to these hearings but as stated above, they haven't happened yet. Yesterday we got an offer from Capital One for a credit card and me and my husband were approved. We just want a little card to help start the rebuilding process and to have some small form of backup. My lawyer said today only I could apply for the card but not my husband. I am newly employed and my husband is self employed in a very slow period right now with construction. Any idea what this is about and is there anything wrong with what we did? Seems like this is never going to settle out and close. We are nearing our 6 month post filing window!

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hey Backlyn, don't double post. The results won't be any better and it confuses people. Go back to your regular post. http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...d=1#post401021
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't sure if I posted it to the appropriate areas so I put it under two separate categories.

Comment

Originally posted by Backlyn View Post
        Sorry I wasn't sure if I posted it to the appropriate areas so I put it under two separate categories.
        Not a problem. Your new and God knows I've made mistakes too. I think last year I made one. LOL. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X