Any tips or words from experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips or words from experience?

OK, so I am just wondering. We are a CH 7 asset case, case filed 10/12/09, case discharged 01/12/10 and we are now awaiting closing. TT told us at our 341 that we were an asset case pending our Tax refund. Refund was $2700. She received it the beginning of March and now we are waiting to close. This is the only asset that she said she would be taking. Everything else was exempt. What I am wondering, is how long should it take to close? Typically how long does this take? Pacer has not changed since Jan 12 when it shows our discharge. I wasn't sure where else to ask this, so I posted here. Also, does the TT send out the checks first and then it is updated on PACER?

Ours closed within days of discharge, but we were NOT an asset case. Also, I have heard of it taking months after discharge before the case is closed.
    Filed 8/2009
    Discharged & Closed 11/2009
    Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

I do not know what the laws are in your state but based on your file date, the TT should have taken about 80% of your return. You should be getting back over $500.

I just sent copies of my 09 return to my TT. Hoping to hear back soon and that it won't take too long to hear back.

As to your question, contact the court and see what's going on. It can't hurt.
      Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X