top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to keep a card after the bankruptcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
    I use them for small purchases (under $50) just so they are being used every few months or so. If I had a large purchase to make I would pay cash anyway.
    I think that is perfect, and that they should survive in that scenario.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Expect the AMEX to be closed soon. No matter who the issuer is and how small of a transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by TheExpert View Post
        Expect the AMEX to be closed soon. No matter who the issuer is and how small of a transaction.
        I would have to agree with TheExpert that AMEX cards typically do not survive bk. AMEX is notoriously bk unfriendly. But since AMEX is not the issuer, and you have had the card for a bit as an AMEX it may survive.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

^I thought the same thing. When I opened the notification I got in the mail letting me know that the Macy's VISA was being converted to an AMEX, I said "Oh, $hit." Then, to my surprise, they sent the card in the mail. I guess I will have to wait and see; I haven't used the card yet. However, I question whether it is an actual AMEX card. I checked my CR this month and the account is listed as "AMEXDSNB" which means it is still a Department Stores National Bank card, right? So, maybe it's not issued by AMEX? In that case, it may stay open.
          CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
          341 Meeting 4/7/2009
          Discharged 7/10/2009
          Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

My Macy's, that survived BK, went from $100 to $2000 credit limit.
            Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
            Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
            On The Road To Rebuilding
            5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X