First Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Credit Card

Just got approved for Cap 1 Platinum 0% until Feb 2011 and then 16.9% thereafter. CL of $750. I was expecting about $300 CL at 24%. Kind of surprised really. FICO scores were set at 590EX, 595EQ and 560TU. Still need to clean up reports for incorrect reporting. I applied through the website, no preapproval offer.

Really have no use for the card other than just trying to reestablish credit and for hotel and car rental.

I have a Macys card that made it through BK7 and is still active. How many cards should I have to reestablish credit? Only debt I have now is a student loan.

For kicks, applied and denied. This is 4 months after discharge. I've heard at least one person say he/she was approved even though that person BK'd on them. But, I think that was a very rare situation. I will just look elsewhere. If you did not BK on them, I would recommend them. Was my best CC overall over the years.
    Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
      For kicks, applied and denied. This is 4 months after discharge. I've heard at least one person say he/she was approved even though that person BK'd on them. But, I think that was a very rare situation. I will just look elsewhere. If you did not BK on them, I would recommend them. Was my best CC overall over the years.
      I did not BK them, but I had one long ago that I charged off. My wife BK'd them but she hasnt tried applying yet. I was discharged January 2010.

Did they give you a reason for denial?

Comment

Originally posted by cory1848 View Post
        Just got approved for Cap 1 Platinum 0% until Feb 2011 and then 16.9% thereafter. CL of $750. I was expecting about $300 CL at 24%. Kind of surprised really. FICO scores were set at 590EX, 595EQ and 560TU. Still need to clean up reports for incorrect reporting. I applied through the website, no preapproval offer.

Really have no use for the card other than just trying to reestablish credit and for hotel and car rental.

I have a Macys card that made it through BK7 and is still active. How many cards should I have to reestablish credit? Only debt I have now is a student loan.
        You really want a minimum of 3 trade lines. I would use and payoff the capital one for at least 3 billing cycles then apply for another card.

good luck,

Logan

Comment

Too funny...

I was approved for the Cap One Platinum today too!! It didnt tell me my credit line (I applied online), but said I will be receiving my card in 7-10 days. I called Cap One and the rep told me they couldnt tell me my credit line & terms of the account until tomorrow - apparently it takes 24 hours to set up a new credit account, and for it to be accessible to the phone reps.

Im so curious as to what kind of CL they gave me....
          Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
          Discharged 4-17-09!!!
          Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
          "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

I knew I was approved about 5 days ago but didnt know the terms. I got the card and no terms in the paperwork either. Called activation number and they go over all that stuff on the phone along with trying to sell you crap so that was annoying. What I dont like is not having the actual paperwork telling me all the details but can live with it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
              My dh BK'd Cap1 and was approved ($500) a couple of months ago (3 mos. post-BK). The CL will go up to $750 after we make 3 on time payments. We charged a very small amount just so we can get the CL increase.
              Filed 8/2009
              Discharged & Closed 11/2009
              Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

The wife applied for a BestBuy MC and got a $500 limit with a $39 annual fee and interest rate of 19%, something like three weeks after discharge. CapOne sent me a letter saying I was 'pre-selected' a day or two later, got a $500 limit with $19 annual fee and 19% rate. We plan on charging no more than 50% of our balance and paying it off same month.

According to Experian, my credit score went from 603 to 638 in a month. I know these aren't true numbers, but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy anyways.
                Filed 12/08/09
                341 1/07/10
                Discharged 3/23/10
                Closed 3/29/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X