Starting the repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting the repair

I have read through the cleaning up reports sticky but one thing I didnt see covered. I am starting the repair process and have gone over all 3 reports and what I am seeing mainly is that once I filed, the creditors reported 30/60/90 then charged off before the discharge. This is showing on the tradelines. Once I got the discharge, the account list as zero balance, IIB like it should.

I was under the impression that once I filed, they could not report due to the stay being in place. I was current on these creditors prior to filing in hopes of avoiding the 30/60/90 dings on the report but it seems they placed it anyways. I have disputed as never late on the reports.

Is this incorrect reporting? Anything else I can do?

Thanks

Yes, it is incorrect reporting. First dispute to the CRA's then dispute to the OC's if the creditors won't correct. They can NOT report lates after the filing date. Having said that, it is one of the things you have to watch out for and correct as they will not report correctly on their own.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
      Yes, it is incorrect reporting. First dispute to the CRA's then dispute to the OC's if the creditors won't correct. They can NOT report lates after the filing date. Having said that, it is one of the things you have to watch out for and correct as they will not report correctly on their own.
      Yea I figured that. Thanks for the info... Have a lot of work to do on that, almost everyone has something incorrect about it. TU is the big offender but that seems to be the norm around here...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X