Can't get a credit card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get a credit card?

My bankruptcy was discharged and closed 2-3 weeks ago and I have been trying to get a credit card to start rebuilding my credit. I have tried Capital One and Orchard, both will not give me a card. Neither was part of my bankruptcy. On a side note, I have been approved for an Auto Loan with roadloans (though I have not used the offer), my credit score is 560, and my credit report looked liked everything was properly taken off with my bankruptcy. Anyone have any ideas on where to get a CC?

Originally posted by lostinnola View Post
    My bankruptcy was discharged and closed 2-3 weeks ago and I have been trying to get a credit card to start rebuilding my credit. I have tried Capital One and Orchard, both will not give me a card. Neither was part of my bankruptcy. On a side note, I have been approved for an Auto Loan with roadloans (though I have not used the offer), my credit score is 560, and my credit report looked liked everything was properly taken off with my bankruptcy. Anyone have any ideas on where to get a CC?
    Maybe you could try applying for a Hooters card if you want to start rebuilding your credit. I would wait maybe a couple more months before applying for a card since your BK was recently discharged/closed. Good luck!
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

2-3 weeks from discharge is a bit early.

Have you actually checked the content of your credit report. Is everything being reported properly.

Capital One was probably a bit ambitious to apply for off the bat. But if Orchard didn't give you a card, I suspect you may have some unresolved issues on your credit report. But again, 2-3 weeks after discharge is a tad early, give it a few months and the CC's will start sending your offers. Don't be in a rush, credit recovers over time on its own; I would recommend you get back on the roller coaster so soon.

Keep in mind, regardless if your get a CC, it will still take 2 years to rebuild your credit.

Comment

I applied hooter card this morning and got denied. This is a second time of I get denied since I got discharged a year ago. I got approved for a best buy reward card with $ 300 limit, a capital one secured card and $15000 auto loan with AmeriCredit. My scores are around 560s. May be I have no luck with hooter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X