Credit One VISA card - please cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit One VISA card - please cancel

In a weak moment last night I applied and was accepted for a 300 visa card from CreditOne. I only read the first page of the preapproved offer that came in the mail which says in bold letters "No enrollment fee and no over limit fees". After I applied online and was approved, I read the backside of the offer which said in light colored lettering " Annual Membership Fee - 75".

I know its my fault for not reading the entire offer prior to applying, but I bet they catch some people on this.

Also, It says we will begin charging interest on the posting date for purchases. Does anyone know if this means that your going to end up paying some interest even if you pay infull monthly (from the posting date to the payment date)?

I need to know if as long as I do not activate the card, that they cannot charge me any membership fee - 75. Do I send the card back and cancel, or should I call them before they send the card to me.

I also did the same thing. Then when the card came I found out oh by the way we're gonna charge you like 150 dollars in random fees when you activiate. When I got the card, I called the number and told them to cancel it BEFORE I activated it.

If you do not activate the card no charges will be incurred.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I got one, but they gave me a $1900 limit so I figured I'd bite the bullet and accepted it.

That was about a year ago and I've no complaints about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
        I also did the same thing. Then when the card came I found out oh by the way we're gonna charge you like 150 dollars in random fees when you activiate. When I got the card, I called the number and told them to cancel it BEFORE I activated it.

If you do not activate the card no charges will be incurred.
        Thanks, I will not activate.

Comment

Originally posted by trying_to_fix View Post
          I got one, but they gave me a $1900 limit so I figured I'd bite the bullet and accepted it.

That was about a year ago and I've no complaints about them.
          I would have had a tough time passing that up, but their is no way I would want to pay interest from the day the purchase posts. I have never heard of such a thing.

Comment

i haven't had problems with them. yes they do charge a $75.00 annual fee. but honestly, Chase charges $65 for annual fee on a DEBIT card which earns miles.

I got the card solely for the purposes of rebuilding credit not to carry a balance. they also give you a monthly credit score, which in and of itself probably covers that $75.00 annual fee if you were to get it elsewhere.

Don't rack up a bunch of debt and you won't have a problem. I put my monthly netflix membership on it and that is all. added 41 points to my credit score in 3 months between this and paying on time with my student loan and car payment.

Comment

I have a Credit One account and have had no problems. They have raised my limit once since I got the card. I only got charged the annual fee and no other fees when the card was activated. They used to charge for online payments, but they no longer can do that due to the new laws. So the regular online payment is free and is posted the same day (or the next, depending on time of payment) BUT the available credit takes about a week to become available. I have paid the card in full a few times and have never incurred any interest charges. HTH.
              Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
              341 Meeting: 1/7/09
              Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
              Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

So i look at me credit report today and find Credit one reporting. 300 credit line and a 75 balance. I thought they were not supposed to charge unless I activated the card. I have not even received the card in the mail. No way am I paying 75 for 300 credit line.

Comment

do you know what they pull? I included their card in my BK. I want to try again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X