top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this be right? Can my credit score already be this high PRE-DISCHARGE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this be right? Can my credit score already be this high PRE-DISCHARGE?

I found a website that gives you your credit score for free- no trial memberships or anything, they get their revenue from advertising partnerships. It is called creditkarma.com

Anyway, I am still pre-discharge, but was very curious, so I signed up. It says my credit score is 706. Before filing, my attorney pulled my score and it was 619. Is this possible that it has already gone up almost 90 points and I haven't even been discharged? Should I double check on another not so free site? This site doesn't specify WHICH score it is, and I know the three can be different. When I entered my SS# they did have one of my old addresses on file to verify my identity, so I know it is me.

Thanks for any advice.

CreditKarma is a useful site but that's not a FICO score. It's a FAKO score based on TransUnion, which is where Karma pulls. But their score has been way too optomistic about mine.

So my score on Karma is 678. FAKO score from USAA Credit Monitoring is 607. Actual FICO is 602.
    Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

Well, you were right. I signed up for one of the pay for services and my scores were terrible- 590, 616 and 587. Where in the heck did creditkarma get that score?

Comment

what you saw is probably the new Vantage score. The vantage score is on a slightly different scale and a 700 vantage score would be pretty much equal to the traditional scores you listed.

Comment

Thanks. It is a bit deceptive though because if you are familiar with FICO scores, it lulls you into a false sense of security thinking your score is higher than it really is.

Comment

so my creditkarma.com score is 568 does that mean my fico is around 450 or so OUCH

Comment

So when you pull your fako credit score from creditkarma.com does it put an inquiry on your credit report?

Comment

Originally posted by Maquitagirl View Post
                So when you pull your fako credit score from creditkarma.com does it put an inquiry on your credit report?
                No, anytime you pull your own report it is a soft hit. Only when you give others permission to pull your credit do they count against you.
                New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by bigtim6656 View Post
                  so my creditkarma.com score is 568 does that mean my fico is around 450 or so OUCH
                  I wouldn't assume anything.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X