Um....hooters card...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um....hooters card...help

Dh decided to apply for the Hooters MC so he could have one in order to start rebuilding his credit. He went on their website and it says he was approved but did not give the amount, interest rate, fees, etc. He recieved an email that said congratulations....once they verify the info the cards would be sent within 2 weeks.

So do they let him know all the information before they send it and can he decided not to take it if they just send it out? We are just worried that their are a ton of fees involved or that this card has a high rate.

Why do they not tell you in advance, seems like a crazy way to do buisness.

They just sent mine out didn't give me any info. My limit is $500.00 and i think there was a $50 charge on the card for yearly fee.

Comment

Do you know if you recieve it and decide you do not want it if you can send it back without having to pay the annual fee? I'm just worried that it is 28% or something which we rather not have and just wait.

Originally posted by blueking5 View Post
      They just sent mine out didn't give me any info. My limit is $500.00 and i think there was a $50 charge on the card for yearly fee.

Comment

Originally posted by bakergrl View Post
        Do you know if you recieve it and decide you do not want it if you can send it back without having to pay the annual fee? I'm just worried that it is 28% or something which we rather not have and just wait.
        I did this to HSBC. I called them after I had received my initial card (but had not activated the card yet) and tried to get them to reduce the proposed annual fee of $59. They refused. So, I just told them I no longer wanted the card. They closed the account and I did not have to pay anything. Main hit is just the hard pull lookup on the credit.
        Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

If you don't want it then i guess you should call and just not activate it like CCsAreEvil did.

Comment

If there is a fee & you don't want the card, call to cancel before ever using it and they should close the account/back off the fee. Don't just put it in a drawer and think because you didn't activate it that the account is not open... The fee will get charged, and then late fees and so on.

But for the APR - its irrelevant. You never pay interest if you never carry a balance.
            Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
            (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

You can just call them before you get the card and ask them what the fees and stuff are. I really like my hooters card... mine does not have an annual fee and the interest rate & limit were reasonable for post BK.
              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Hey I applied on the 7/27 and still have not heard anything & they have checked my credit from Trans ...but I've called and and they say its still pending it might take up to 30 days. Is that right 30 days after they checked my credit to know if they gonna approve me or not is that normal?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X