Best Buy Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Buy Credit Card

I had a best buy credit card through HSBC that i included in my chapter 7 BK.
    do you guys think if i applied for a Best Buy card again, if i will get approved?

I appled for a Orchard Bank card through HSBC and got approved for 500...do you guys think i have a chance

my scores are in the mid to high 600s.

its been about 1.5 years since my discharge.

since you applied one credit card (I assume it is not long time ago), the chances to get bestbuy cc again, is not very high.
    Link Removed By Moderator

Comment

Pre BK I had two HSBC cards. I had an Orchard Bank card that I'd had for about 4 years. I then last year applied for the BB reward zone mastercard and got it. Both were subsequently discharged under chap 7 back in June.
      I applied for both again; was denied for the Orchard card, but got a BB reward zone. $100!!!
      When I asked why I didn't get the other, I was told that it was because I had the application in for the other already and you can't have two.
      I think it just depends on the timing.
      Not sure if that helps!

Comment

ok i took the courage and applied for the best buy card...it was approved for the reward zone mastercard for $500...is this good or bad based on what others are getting?

Comment

Can you apply for the best buy card online? Or do you have to do it in person?

I am too embarrassed to face the denial LOL

Comment

500 is decent on the best buy card... they seem to (mostly) be dolling out 100 and 500's... I have seen a couple people on here getting limits at like 1k and 1.5k but very few. So, 500 is ok.

You can apply online as well Spagal.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

My husband & I both applied for BB credit cards in early July. Both of our scores were in the upper 600s/lower 700s. Hubby was approved for $500 & I was approved for $4000. I have NO IDEA how they figure their credit limits. He works, I'm a stay at home mom & our scores were the same. We were totally honest on the applications, so it makes no sense.
              Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
              Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

i applied online using the links thought bestbuy.com....i heard that if you apply in the store...you get higher limits...dont knwo the truth...but i would check the pre-qual online and then if it says yes...then go in the store.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X