capital one credit offer before discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capital one credit offer before discharge

Hello I filed on 4/26/10 and my discharge date is 8/30/2010 which is not here yet. Capital one was one of the cards I put on my bankruptcy, I owed them about $6000. Now I get a credit offer from them. The opening from them says "Records as of July 26, 2010 show you've successfully put bankruptcy behind you and we'd like to welcome you back with a card offer that can help you rebuild your good credit. Offers no annual fee and no interest until till may 2011." Should I apply? I been reading all the fine print and I can't find anything in the fine print from them that they would attach the debt I put in bankruptcy on them whichc is what I would be afraid that they might try to trick me into. Should I wait to apply for nay credit after my discharge date of 8/30/2010?

My wife got almost the same offer and we too included a cap one card in our bkt. We also are not discharged yet. The difference is her offer does have an annual fee. I think it is $48.

We will not apply yet. I want to see what offers we get after the discharge and after I clean up any mistakes on the credit report.

I do look forward to hearing how things turn out for you though if you do apply.

Best of luck!
    Filed CH 7 - 5/21/10, 341 Meeting - 7/9/10, Report of no distribution - 7/12/10
    Last day to object - 9/7/10
    Discharged - 9/14/10
    Closed - 9/21/10

Comment

Be careful with that, I included capital one in my bankruptcy and I kept getting denied after I was discharged by them saying "previous deliquency with capital one" and "bankruptcy". For some reason, it took me a little over 3 months to finally get approved with capital one again.

I am happy though I just saw that I got a credit limit increase from them today and now I'm up to 1500.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I got a very similar offer from them today. The only difference was that I wasn't previously a customer of theirs, so the "welcome you back" language wasn't in my offer. Interestingly, they even used the same date of July 26 as a reference.

I've been getting offers from them about every 2 weeks since filing.
        Filed: 6/30/2010
        341: 7/26/2010
        Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

They must have sent out a big mailer, because I received one identical to the OP, including the "as of" date.
          Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
          Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
          If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

I dont know they sent me one and I applied my 341 is over and i have the report of no distribution. I got approved!!! I didnt BK them though so I guess thats why it feels good to get credit again after a year of not having it but this time ill be responsible and pay it off every month!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X