Double Entry ON Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Entry ON Credit Report

I have started the process of cleaning up my credit since I have been recently discharged. I pulled my report from Equifax and everything is correct except they have my Student loan listed twice and thereby doubling the amount is shown outstanding. I'm sure this is dragging down my score (which is a pathetic 617). How they managed to do this is beyond me as it has been shown correctly for the past 7 years but I digress.

My understanding of the process is I simply write equifax and inform problem they research it, and correct it. At least that is the theory.....about how long in the real world have memebers found it took to resolve a similiar incident.

I'm new to the whole credit clean up deal and I want to prepare myself. I keep hearing horror stories of how it takes forever to get items removed and how it is a pain.

Sorry for the rant I'm still decrompressing from the whole ordeal and now that I'm discharged I'm still dealing with it.

Any advice on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same thing with my husband's Amex (I am Authorized User) showing up twice on my credit report making it look like I owed $70,000 instead of $35,000. I just called Amex and they corrected it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X