So Confused! Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Confused! Please help

Just pulled my CR's except Equifax (they say there is a lock on my CR so I have to mail them a form - whatever, I'll take care of that on Monday). We started in 04/09 as a CH 13, then the spouse lost their job and we converted to a CH 7 and discharged 04/10

Alright a couple of questions if you can help with examples below.

1) On Experian, some of my accounts show in the Account History:
    Charge off as of Jul 09
    90 days past due as of Jun 09
    60 days past due as of May 09
    Debt included in CH 7 bankruptcy as of April 09

My recent balance shows $0 or blank. Should I dispute the charge off and past due or just leave it? Does the 'blank' entry in recent balance worth it to dispute as well?

2) We never reaffirmed our home loan because the lawyer said that we kept our payments up the whole time so there was no reason to. Now it is saying that it was discharged in CH 7 with a 0$ balance. Will this hurt us when we plan to sell this coming spring? The company is Wells Fargo and is a VA loan, will this hurt our credit history? Will this be a bad mark with the VA? We haven't had any missed payments though it is reporting that we did during our CH 13. Should we dispute this with the CRA or talk to WF?

Thanks for your assistance/opinions

Originally posted by snowhawk View Post
    Just pulled my CR's except Equifax (they say there is a lock on my CR so I have to mail them a form - whatever, I'll take care of that on Monday). We started in 04/09 as a CH 13, then the spouse lost their job and we converted to a CH 7 and discharged 04/10

Alright a couple of questions if you can help with examples below.

1) On Experian, some of my accounts show in the Account History:
    Charge off as of Jul 09
    90 days past due as of Jun 09
    60 days past due as of May 09
    Debt included in CH 7 bankruptcy as of April 09

My recent balance shows $0 or blank. Should I dispute the charge off and past due or just leave it? Does the 'blank' entry in recent balance worth it to dispute as well?

2) We never reaffirmed our home loan because the lawyer said that we kept our payments up the whole time so there was no reason to. Now it is saying that it was discharged in CH 7 with a 0$ balance. Will this hurt us when we plan to sell this coming spring? The company is Wells Fargo and is a VA loan, will this hurt our credit history? Will this be a bad mark with the VA? We haven't had any missed payments though it is reporting that we did during our CH 13. Should we dispute this with the CRA or talk to WF?

Thanks for your assistance/opinions
    All balances should be 0. If you have a blank it is affecting your score a bit, but in my experience it is very difficult to get blank balances to report as 0.

Your last late should be as of the date you filed Chap 13. If you have anything more recent than that, dispute it.

Your chapter 13 will be when the debt was included in bankruptcy.

If you were late before you filed chap 13 on any cards, they can report the lates up to the date you filed.

Discharging your home in a chap 7 will definitely affect your credit rating and your ability to get another mortgage for several years. If you did not reaffirm your home, then it is legally discharged when your chapter 7 is discharged, and that will affect your ability to get another mortgage for 2-3 years minimum. There is nothing to dispute, it is reporting correctly. If you don't reaffirm then you can continue to make payments on the house, but the house will report as discharged on your credit reports since you are no longer legally responsible for the mortgage.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I also am trying to clean up our credit report post Ch 13 discharge. So is it true that all of the dates on a credit report should be the month/year the Ch 13 bankruptcy was filed? We have two accounts that are showing the discharge date as date last reported, date of last payment, and date major delinquecy first reported. I am trying so hard to get back on track and find this whole process so frustrating.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X