top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with credit monitoring companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience with credit monitoring companies?

I am in the process of checking out various companies to monitor my credit reports since I should hopefully be discharged in the next couple of months. Just wanted to check to see what experiences some may have had with different companies.

From what I've researched so far, I am leaning towards Identity Guard - it looks like there is an option there where I can monitor all 3 credit bureaus, plus public records. Before making any decisions, I just wanted to check and see what experiences others may have had with various companies.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Originally posted by wonderingrov View Post
    I am in the process of checking out various companies to monitor my credit reports since I should hopefully be discharged in the next couple of months. Just wanted to check to see what experiences some may have had with different companies.

From what I've researched so far, I am leaning towards Identity Guard - it looks like there is an option there where I can monitor all 3 credit bureaus, plus public records. Before making any decisions, I just wanted to check and see what experiences others may have had with various companies.
    I've been using Truecredit.com. They charge $15 per month and I get monitoring of all 3 credit bureaus, FICO scores, detailed credit reports, judgements, etc. I think its thorough and I like it. Not sure how it compares price wise.

Comment

Originally posted by jlmaca View Post
      I've been using Truecredit.com. They charge $15 per month and I get monitoring of all 3 credit bureaus, FICO scores, detailed credit reports, judgements, etc. I think its thorough and I like it. Not sure how it compares price wise.
      Thanks - I looked at their website. They look pretty good, and are a couple of dollars cheaper per month.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderingrov View Post

Join costco and go through them. $7.95 a month and costco is great!!!

Comment

Public records are part of your credit report and will show up on any service you choose.

Credit Check Total, used to give you all three reports, with the ability to get a fresh report every day for $15 a month. I am sure the price has gone up, and who knows if they still allow daily pulls, but they used to....
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

i use...www.mycreditkeeper.com...great service!

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions - these all look good!

Comment

I initially went with Truecredit and found them to be expensive. In order to see the other 2 scores and reports, I had to pay an additional $25. And when I called to cancel, I had to interrupt their sales pitch several times before they cancelled.

I just signed up for Creditkeeper, it's free for the first month and then $9.99 a month and I get to see my credit scores and report for all 3 CRA's without paying additional.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                  I initially went with Truecredit and found them to be expensive. In order to see the other 2 scores and reports, I had to pay an additional $25. And when I called to cancel, I had to interrupt their sales pitch several times before they cancelled.

I just signed up for Creditkeeper, it's free for the first month and then $9.99 a month and I get to see my credit scores and report for all 3 CRA's without paying additional.
                  Is this recently? I can sign on to my Truecredit account and see all three of my reports at the same time for no extra charge.

Comment

Is this recently? I can sign on to my Truecredit account and see all three of my reports at the same time for no extra charge.
                    It was within the last month. I had to pay the $14.95 when I signed up. What I got was one score for one (Experian, I believe) along with what was listed. I just had what was listed without the score for the other two. I had to pay an additional $25 to see the score for the other 2. And yesterday, when I went on, all I got was the one and nothing for the other 2. I would have had to pay extra to get the other two. Not worth it, IMO. And not very good service, either.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
                      It was within the last month. I had to pay the $14.95 when I signed up. What I got was one score for one (Experian, I believe) along with what was listed. I just had what was listed without the score for the other two. I had to pay an additional $25 to see the score for the other 2. And yesterday, when I went on, all I got was the one and nothing for the other 2. I would have had to pay extra to get the other two. Not worth it, IMO. And not very good service, either.
                      Well yeah, that's not good. It's strange because I get good complete detail and scores from all 3 agencies. Seems like they are giving new customers less info. Very strange indeed.

Comment

Thanks everyone - I ended up going with Credit Keeper.

I was a little suprised a the difference in credit scores between the 3 agencies. One had me at 499, and the highest one had me at 605. Wow - what a difference.

Comment

I use credit keeper also. It's cheap & has all 3 scores. I wish I could find one to pull whenever I want, but doesn't seem possible.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed, but most of the credit monitoring companies don't seem to have the exact info that you get when you pull directly from Experian, Equifax & Transunion. I had been disputing some info every month b/c it wasn't reporting as paid, only to find out that it was reporting to the 3 agencies as paid, but the monitoring service didn't show it as paid.
                          Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
                          Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

I signed up for creditkeeper but didn't get a member number or anything right after. Do they mail it to you?

Comment

I use Experian. The original cost is around $15 but if you call to cancel they may offer it at half price, which is what I'm paying now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X