Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best way to rebuild post discharge.

I will be filing soon THANK GOD.

Some of my debt well most of it was from a business my dad and I ran. I had it all in my name and we ran it together. Since it was built on cash I had from a wreck settlement we did it in my name so when it was built up and if he was to pass away one day it would be mine and mine alone. his words not mine.

Guess he felt my brother and sister getting cash from a company I paid into and built was not right.

Well the business went down and he has always felt some level of fault with it. Ohh well stuff happens. He even offered to pay my bk 2 years ago. He tried now and I told him I had it covered.

Well he offered to lend or give me some money post discharge to help rebuild my credit. Not alot but hey any would help.

I was wondering what the best way to start is. I have a auto loan I will be reaffirming and will try and push for them to report. If not the company my mom and dad has their auto loan through said they would refi me the day after discharge. I am at 21% so not like I will be getting a worst rate.

i was thinking a orchard bank card to pay for cash and such and pay off each month, but have heard of some getting low limit CCs. Got to say they scare the **** out of me. I have never had one but tend to be cautious with my money.

So should I try and get a real CC or one like a orchard bank card?

Also the business my mom and dad has now is a construction business. I know of a car company that has it's own finance group who reports every month how much would it help? One thought was get a truck that can be used in the business and go in a few weeks later and pay it down to say 1000 and thus not pay a ton in interest. Though I worry two auto loans would kill rating with the credit bureaus.

Also is there a company that can help me with rebuilding post discharge? Someone to say hey your crazy and do this. But not take my money for nothing???

Also what CC cards are the best to get. I hear Bestbuy has one people get post bk. I just hope cabelas does not have one. That might get me introuble though help my hunting budget

ohh I did just have a thought. What are the chances best buy would give me one post discharge. I need a new laptop and was planning on getting one right before I file. If I knew I could get one I could wait and use the card for my laptop and use the cash to pay part of it and thus two birds one stone type of thing.

I hear folks get CC offers after filing is it a bad idea to take them before discharge?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X