Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if I get a new job

General after BK question:

If I get a new job that pays 65% more than I currently make can the trustee come back at me? Do I have to report it?

I was discharged in August
    Thanks!

Don't report anything unless you win lottery money. Its your life so live it to the fullest. Chances are they won't come back to you unless you come into serious money, not just a raise or promotion or better job.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn
      Don't report anything unless you win lottery money. Its your life so live it to the fullest. Chances are they won't come back to you unless you come into serious money, not just a raise or promotion or better job.
      I'm interested in hearing more about this, and how it might work. I have an opportunity to do a part-time gig, where I could make an extra $500/month as an independent contractor. I'm kinda passing on it right now, but it's waiting for me in the wings until I'm ready. No taxes held out, and it won't acually be reported anywhere until the end of the year on a 1099 form. I guess I could do it, and just "cash" the checks right now, but not sure if that would show up anywhere, and I'm a bit paranoid! (Still awaiting discharge, HOPEFULLY on 2/23)

Comment

Down&Out, you're 6 months past discharge-so I *think* even if you won the lottery or came into a major inheritance, you'd be clear.

Getting a new job now is certainly ok.
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Originally posted by StaciMM
          Down&Out, you're 6 months past discharge-so I *think* even if you won the lottery or came into a major inheritance, you'd be clear.

Getting a new job now is certainly ok.
          Thanks!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X