Hooters delaying available credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meh View Post
    I actually had this happen today. I charged $50 and made a payment the next day, no problem. Then I charged 872 dollars and made a payment on Monday, Hooters system states they got the payment on the 19th but my avail credit didn't reflect it. I called in (prior to reading this thread, obviously) pissed off. I speak with a rep who states they reserve the right to hold and it's in the agreement ( i pulled it out and read it because im anal like that ) and then she also told me that I could request to have the hold lifted and check back in two hours. I did and my request was denied. The new person that I spoke with on my 2nd call back stated that this tends to happen when you're a new account holder making large payments and 'unofficially' shouldn't happen as your account ages and they see that you're not causing problems with bad payments etc. I was able to fax over a copy of my bank statement showing that the money had been withdrawn from my account and within an hour that released the rest of my available credit. The hold on the available credit wasn't a big deal but I paid the balance in full, i wanted all my credit available, it's just principle i guess. Anyway, I hope this proves useful to anyone that may go through this in the future.
    Sorry to hear of your problems with posting/available credit line with you Hooters card. When I used the Hooters website to make my payment they delayed updating the available credit line for almost a week. I used my Bank's (BofA) billpay and both the posting and available credit happened the same day, one a $60 payment the other $450. Will only use my Bank's billpay with Hooter for payments from now on!
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X