Credit Monitoring Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Monitoring Services

We are due to get a chapter 7 discharge in about a month. In order to keep an eye on our credit scores going forward, we would like to subscribe to a credit monitoring service of some type.

Ideally, we would like one where we could pull reports from the big 3 on a monthly basis or so in addition to getting alerts when their is activity of some sort.

Anyone have suggestions on a service that has worked for them?

identityguard through costco is 8 bucks a month--all 3 reports...

Comment

TrueCredit dot com is an option as well...
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

i don't think they give actual fico scores, some might. the score you get is fake from each bureau.
        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
          i don't think they give actual fico scores, some might. the score you get is fake from each bureau.
          True. Only myfico delivers genuine credit-scores. However, I don't recommend them just for monitoring and obtaining a monthly report. In fact, you can't get your Experian-report from them any more. In addition, each report is more than $10 - even after discount. Adding that to the additional cost for purchasing a separate Experian-report, you are at about $30/months. That's simply too expensive.
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
            identityguard through costco is 8 bucks a month--all 3 reports...
            I am enrolled in this and it is alright, but it does not update very often. Below is the email reply I got when I inquired about this very subject. BTW I am enrolled in the Total Protection plan (cost more). The rates are below as well. Note I just noticed on the website that the Total Protection plan updates quarterly (as explained below) while the cheaper Credit Protection plan updates monthly???? I will be looking into this further.

Dear Valued Member:
            Thank you for your email. We understand you have concerns regarding your membership.

Your membership enrollment was initiated on August 2, 2010. At that time, a full credit report was provided for your review.

The first quarterly credit update will be sent to you 120 days after your enrollment date, then every 90 days after that we will pull information again and make it available to you.
            If you have any questions, please contact us toll-free at 1-866-818-0874, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time.

Sincerely,

M. Ruehlmann
            Identity Guard Customer Service

Executive Members $7.49/mo or $9.99/mo
            Gold Star & Business Members $9.49/mo or $11.49/mo
            Filed CH 7 - 5/21/10, 341 Meeting - 7/9/10, Report of no distribution - 7/12/10
            Last day to object - 9/7/10
            Discharged - 9/14/10
            Closed - 9/21/10

Comment

I didn't realize you had to be an executive member for the 7.49 rate. I used it right out of BK and it worked fine. I didn't care about my score since they're FACO scores but the monitoring worked and you get your free credit reports every month.

Logan

Comment

I go through myfico and receive text alerts the minute there is any change to my credit report. Only issue with them is that they do not use experian. I can only see my equifax and transunion scores through them. Many banks have credit monitoring services as well.
                Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
                341 meeting 4/18/2010
                Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
                FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

I bank with Fifth Third and they have a program called Identity Alert for $9 month. You can order your full credit report and get an updated credit score every 30 days. Also, you get emailed whenever a credit inquiry is made. You may want to check with your bank to see if they offer a service like this.

Good luck!
                  CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
                  341 Meeting 4/7/2009
                  Discharged 7/10/2009
                  Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X