top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank Of America Credit Reporting Mortgage Issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Of America Credit Reporting Mortgage Issue!

Does anyone know of a direct phone number for Bank of America credit reporting department? I recently checked my reports and all three CRA are showing positive payments with current balances on both our first mortgage and HELOC with no mentioned of them be included and discharged in our Chapter 7 BK back in 2006 even though both loans were included in our bankruptcy. Both loans are with Bank of America. I would like both of these loans to read "0" balance with the IIB notation wtih an efftive date of our discharged which would be November, 2006. Both loans were NOT reaffirmed. We still get statements every month on both loans with the notation that the loans were discharged in our BK and this is for informational purposes only and not an attempt to collect a debt. We have continued to pay on these loans after our discharge. We were never late prior to and or after our discharged. Has anyone else has had this happen to them?
    Last edited by kar; 10-14-2010, 09:55 AM.
    Filed Chap.7: 08-21-06
    341: 09-18-06
    Discharge: 11-29-06
    Closed: 12-04-06

Why are you complaining? I might complain if you ever fall behind and they start reporting negative stuff but that's a huge positive on your report right now!
    New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
      Why are you complaining? I might complain if you ever fall behind and they start reporting negative stuff but that's a huge positive on your report right now!
      The problem is that in the event we had to give the property back to the lender for some reason they will start showing the payments being late which would not be accurate as the debt was discharged. All debts that are not reaffirmed should show a "0" balance.

Comment

I would send a letter to each of the three bureaus with a copy of your discharge and maybe a copy of the latest informational statement and ask them to correct the reporting and dates. They have 30 days to research and respond with a fresh copy of your credit report. If that doesn't fix it, send a similar letter to BofA (find mailing address on their informational statement, do not use the remittance address) and demand they correct it.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by kar View Post
          The problem is that in the event we had to give the property back to the lender for some reason they will start showing the payments being late which would not be accurate as the debt was discharged. All debts that are not reaffirmed should show a "0" balance.
          Yeah, then at that point you could dispute it as IIB. I know what it's supposed to say but why take what right now is a positive off of your report?
          New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

dbl post

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
              I would send a letter to each of the three bureaus with a copy of your discharge and maybe a copy of the latest informational statement and ask them to correct the reporting and dates. They have 30 days to research and respond with a fresh copy of your credit report. If that doesn't fix it, send a similar letter to BofA (find mailing address on their informational statement, do not use the remittance address) and demand they correct it.
              The above is incorrect.... A 623 with the OC is the route to be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaJoeBob View Post
                The above is incorrect.... A 623 with the OC is the route to be taken.
                What is a "623"?

Comment

Anybody? If my suggestion is incorrect in favor of a 623, can anybody please shed some light on this? I want to make sure I am not giving incorrect suggestions on how to dispute items with the credit bureaus and OC's.
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                  AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X