Mortgage reporting - not listed as IIB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage reporting - not listed as IIB

So, we are about 2 1/2 months post discharge and close for c7, no asset. I pulled DH and my Equifax reports today. Everything is listed correctly as IIB, -0- balance on both of our reports EXCEPT, the mortgage is still showing active on MY report only. We are current, never late and keeping the house (though did NOT reaffirm). This seems to be a positive to me, as it shows current, never late. Should this be disputed or will this help in the future?

I am in a similar situation, where both of our mortgages are showing as IIB but still show a balance and are still being reported each month with our on-time payments (neither mortgage was reaffirmed). The problem is that each month the "Date Reported" updates each month, but because the accounts are IIB, the CRAs show this as being a recent past due account. I posted about this the other day and someone brought up the point that disputing this with the CRA may actually hurt my credit even more. Hopefully others will chime in as well
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

If you dispute the trade line, it will most likely fall off your report since they are not required to report at all if you did not reaffirm. If the mortgage drops off of your report, you will lose the positive benefits that the aging of the account and the mortgage trade line were giving you. This could actually lower your scores.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

We just got our discharge a couple weeks ago, but when I looked at one of my credit reports our mortguage wasn't noted as IIB. Still showed our balance, and our history.
        We didn't reaffirm, and the bank still acts like nothing has happened.
        Maybe because our mortguage is with a local bank.
        There are a couple 30-day lates on the history but I figure that having it on my report is better than not. It's a long history (over 10 years).
        As a matter of fact, one of the lates is recent, (Sept). Needed the money for the lawyer to strip the judgement lein on the house. The bank still sent me a late notice, and gave us a call as well. Told them they would have payment when I got my next check.
        Like I said, they act like we never filed BK at all.
        Fine by me.
        7/01/10 - filed!
        11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

Is it possible to get the lender to show IIB, but paying as agreed? We are paying and staying but did not reaffirm due to attorney's advice. I'd like to have the mortgage showing a payment history because we are making all our payments on time and I think this would help our scores.

Comment

Originally posted by laurannm View Post
            I am in a similar situation, where both of our mortgages are showing as IIB but still show a balance and are still being reported each month with our on-time payments (neither mortgage was reaffirmed). The problem is that each month the "Date Reported" updates each month, but because the accounts are IIB, the CRAs show this as being a recent past due account. I posted about this the other day and someone brought up the point that disputing this with the CRA may actually hurt my credit even more. Hopefully others will chime in as well
            We are in the same boat (my wife and I). Both the first mortgage and HELOC are showing our current payments with balances (both never reaffirmed). We were never late before our discharge or after. I am debating to dispute this with the lender who is Bank of America to read IIB and zero balance on both loans. If in the event we ever need to walk away I don't want any late payments to be reported incorrectly on these discharged debts.
            Filed Chap.7: 08-21-06
            341: 09-18-06
            Discharge: 11-29-06
            Closed: 12-04-06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X