top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do almost all the cards have annual fees now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do almost all the cards have annual fees now?

Just got an offer from Capital One that has an annual fee of $36 ($3 a month)
    Back when I used credit, none of the cards had fees. But I'm reading all the time about how annual fees are pretty much the norm any more.
    Thought I would ask here for those with more recent experience.

Just got discharged last month.
    Not really in a hurry for a CC, figured I would wait until next year sometime and see what turns up. But this one doesn't seem that bad. The APR is high (22.9 after the first year) but since I won't be carrying a balance, it won't matter.

Only want one for rebuilding purposes, I actually prefer to pay-as-I-go now, because then I don't have to worry about being in debt again. What I have in my pocket / bank is it. If it's more than that, it can wait, or I don't need it that bad.

Just not sure if I should give this one a shot, or can I look forward to something better turning up at a later date.
    Another thing that has me thinking about this. I tried one of those sites to see what your credit score is. Either the site (Credit.com) is total BS, or most of the crap on my credit report is tied up in limbo right now from the BK. As it is saying my score is in the 750-850 range.
    IF that is true, then I have a shot at a decent card now,
    I haven't actually pulled any of my reports yet, as I am waiting for the dust to settle before starting on cleaning those up.
    7/01/10 - filed!
    11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Well, I decided to pull the trigger on this, just out of curiosity.
    Went online, and applied, and was accepted.
    Not sure what my credit limit is going to be, but I should have my first post-BK credit card in 7-10 days!
    7/01/10 - filed!
    11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

If you wait a month or two they will send you an offer for no annual fee. I have both cards from cap one.
      Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X