top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Credit Report and mortgage ride through.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Credit Report and mortgage ride through.

I just checked my credit report today and had a question. Our Chapter 7 was discharged in early October so I figured it was time. We did not re-affirm our mortgage, but are continuing to pay it on time every month, and doing a "ride through." The mortgage is showing up as "included in bankruptcy" which I expected, and is showing up in the "Closed Accounts" section of the Experian report. However it is also showing a date (a month after we filed) in the "Date Major Delinquency First Reported" column, and also a date (the month we filed) in the "Date of First Delinquency" column. Is this supposed to be like that? I was never "technically" delinquent in that I have never been late on a payment, ever, and still have not. Does anyone know if I need to do something about that, or is it just how they report the account after it's been included in a BK?

I always thought it was like you had assumed, "included in BK" and nothing more reported. I am interested in an answer to this question as well...

Comment

Mine is the same way shows IIB and $0 balance...I haven't figured out the delinquency thing yet as all of my accounts that were IIB show the same thing and I was never late. I disputed this several times and they all came back as corrected still showing the same thing. I have yet to figure out if this hurts your score or not....my assumption is that it does not. Mine mortgages do not show as closed, just IIB as I have been paying on a ride through.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X