Dispute Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dispute Problems

I am so frustrated with HSBC and Equifax. After our discharge, I went through my husband and my credit reports and disputed everything that didn't reflect the discharge. All have been changed with the exception of 4 HSBC accounts reporting on Equifax. They keep reporting as charged off or sold to another lender. The ironic part is they have changed to discharged on both of the other credit reports. I have disputed several times, but they keep coming back the same.

Am I correct in thinking that they should show as discharged? Any advise as to what to do next?
    Thanks in advance.
    Danielle

I am not quite there yet with cleaning up my credit reports, but I can say that Equifax has been a huge PIA to deal with so far. Couldn't get my free report online (no problem with the other agencies) then could not get them to mail me a copy without sending them all kinds of personal information. I can tell they will be a problem in the future for me.
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by dmbshop View Post
      I am so frustrated with HSBC and Equifax. After our discharge, I went through my husband and my credit reports and disputed everything that didn't reflect the discharge. All have been changed with the exception of 4 HSBC accounts reporting on Equifax. They keep reporting as charged off or sold to another lender. The ironic part is they have changed to discharged on both of the other credit reports. I have disputed several times, but they keep coming back the same.

Am I correct in thinking that they should show as discharged? Any advise as to what to do next?
      Thanks in advance.
      Danielle
      If your cards were charged off before you filed for bk, they will still report the charge off on your reports after discharge. If they were current before you filed, then they will only report "included in bankruptcy".

I am having issues with one card on Equifax (old Washington Mutual card that got absorbed by Chase when Chase took them over) that keeps reporting recent charge offs. I just keep disputing. It can be very difficult to repair this type of error if the creditor is the one that is sending the incorrect information to the bureaus. The funny thing is that the card is reporting correcting on Experian and Transunion, so I think Equifax is part of the problem.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I would contact the creditor who is reporting the inaccurate information. They will be the ones who need to fix whatever is in their system wrong to report it correctly.
        I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
        Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X