No announcement yet.

When to apply for 2nd credit card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked my score on Transunion via creditkarma.com and it is 666. I haven't checked the other bureaus scores in a while, but they were at 610 for Experian and 610 for Equifax a few months ago. I agree to start building credit sooner is better. What is best way to get the free rpts and check scores? So right now I only will have the Cap One once it arrives and my school loan.
    Discharged Chapt 7 on 7/7/10.
    Scores as of 7/12/11: EQ Fico 653; TU Fico 644; EX Quizzle 652
    Only card right now is Cap One $2500, no AF, approved 12/4/10.

Comment

There is something called a "backdoor" credit pull that you can get your equifax and transunion reports for free, but it will not have the credit score attached to it.

myfico.com will give you your equifax and trans union FICO scores. (there is a discount option available for myfico as well I believe).

I will send you a PM with some more information. It is from another forum, so I don't wanna post the links out here.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Hi Amy26, can you send me the links also. I was discharged in oct of this yr and applied for a cap1 cc in nov and was approved for $500. I'm also about to try and clean up my CR.
        Thanks

Comment

I am like Amy26, applied for 2nd Cap One but denied!! (I thought they knew a'bt my BK).

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
            There is something called a "backdoor" credit pull that you can get your equifax and transunion reports for free, but it will not have the credit score attached to it.

myfico.com will give you your equifax and trans union FICO scores. (there is a discount option available for myfico as well I believe).

I will send you a PM with some more information. It is from another forum, so I don't wanna post the links out here.
            Amy..thanks for that info.
            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X