Civil Judgement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civil Judgement

My second mortgage company sued me prior to the BK and won a default judgement. I have since filed BK and IIB the judgement, fast forward a year and TU is still reporting them.

So I contacted the court and the judgement was still open. I sent the court the discharge paperwork and the court sent back a discharge letter.

But here's the issue, TU still has this listed as a civil judgment- none of the other CRA's are reporting this. SO how does one dispute this with TU? I have disputed it 3 times with TU and they keep coming back and validating the judgement as IIB. I thought I could have that removed???
    Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
    Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

100+ views? No one has any suggestions? Am I way off base?
    Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
    Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

The judgment just doesn't disappear on its own. Even though you listed it in your bankruptcy, the judgment itself exists in the court where it was awarded. What you need to do is contact the clerk of that court, ask how to go about filing a motion to vacate the judgment. They may have a form you need to pick up or perhaps download from the court's site. You will have to pay a filing fee. It is possible to do this yourself, however you may also hire an attorney to do it for you.

Once that judgment is vacated, you can dispute the reporting on your credit if they report it again.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X