Credit Score after discharge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score after discharge question

Once your Chapter 13 is discharge, does that raise your credit score any?
    Filed August 09, all payments made as of July 12th, 2013.....Waiting on final audit and discharge!

I also was wondering that if once the discharge from the 13 is done will your credit scores go up at all?

Comment

I don't think the discharge itself will influence the credit-score but maybe somebody else can chime in.

I'd say the dropping off of the "IIB"-accounts are going to influence the score in the future and the removal of the BK itself are going to make a difference.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I had a CH7 not 13 but after discharge all my scores went up about 100pts each. Make sure all accounts are reporting correctly after and they should go up.

Comment

Im hoping they do but I am sure that is after the discharge and that takes three months or so from the final payment to get done and who knows how long till the credit agencies get it and post it.
          thanks
          Ron

Comment

Most of my accounts were reported before discharge. You could even call the creditors and let them know they will be discharged soon and they need to report it to the credit bureaus. I was very proactive and got on all of mine until they reported correctly. Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X