capital one credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

capital one credit card

I have not even received my letter of discharge yet and I was approved for a 400 limit CC from capital one...funny part is I had 2 cards with them included in my BK....let the credit rebuilding begin....or did I mess up by getting this card before my letter or discharge???

edit: sorry its credit one not cap one
    Last edited by fatjay; 01-14-2011, 01:13 PM.

Originally posted by fatjay View Post
    or did I mess up by getting this card before my letter or discharge???

edit: sorry its credit one not cap one
    If you have to ask then you know the answer.

Comment

I would really like an answer to the question....thats why i asked it...no i dont already know the answer

any information would be great

thank you

Comment

Are you already discharged and simply haven't received the letter yet? If so, there is no difference between receiving the letter and being discharged. The letter is generated the moment you are discharged. Basically, it IS your discharge.

I don't see a reason why you can't get this card. I'm also wondering what "If you ask you know the answer" means...
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I am just waiting for the letter...we did (myself and my atty) receive notice the trutess was requestion to be dicharged from the case and that there was nothing left to pay anyone...so ya just waiting on the letter part...thank you for putting my mind to rest!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatjay View Post
            I am just waiting for the letter...we did (myself and my atty) receive notice the trutess was requestion to be dicharged from the case and that there was nothing left to pay anyone...
            To me, this sounds like the "notice of no distribution" which is a good thing.

This notification is actually generated a couple of days after the 341 meeting. The discharge, however, can still be several weeks away since the creditors have the 60 days to object after the 341-meeting. On Pacer, you should be able to see when that period is over.

However, you still shouldn't have a problem in getting that card. There is no law against that. After all, this is a CH7 and not a CH13 where you have to ask for permission before obtaining credit.
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X