Account Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Removal

I was discharged in Aug 2010 and just looked at my equifax and saw that accounts from 2000 and 2003 are still showing. They say included in bankruptcy but an 11 year old old shouldn't be reporting. Do I do a dispute or just let it go? I have 5 positive accounts and 5 negative.Removing those would help me right? Please help!

If your intent is to rebuild your credit, then you should pursue the deletion of those accounts.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I'm going to send dispute letters. The one fronm 2000 IDK what it even is.

Comment

Depending on when you first defaulted on the account from 2003, that could still be in the 7 1/2-year timeframe. The account from 2000 has to be deleted though..

On my credit-report, I noticed that some disputed derogatory accounts that were IIB all of a sudden had a noatation that they would stay on file 'til 2017 although their date of first delinquency was more than 4 years ago. I will contact the creditor directly to have that resolved.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by kymgirly View Post
          I was discharged in Aug 2010 and just looked at my equifax and saw that accounts from 2000 and 2003 are still showing. They say included in bankruptcy but an 11 year old old shouldn't be reporting. Do I do a dispute or just let it go? I have 5 positive accounts and 5 negative.Removing those would help me right? Please help!
          What date is that? Is that the open date your referencing? Is that the date of first default? The reporting SOL starts from the date of first default.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
            What date is that? Is that the open date your referencing? Is that the date of first default? The reporting SOL starts from the date of first default.
            Good catch! That could even leave an older account on file for a while...
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

They all say reported in 2010, I'm sure that the 2003 one is this gym I joined then canceled but they wouldn't let me out so that would have defaulted in 2003, the 2000 account I'm not sure what it is so I'm disputing they can prove their right.

Comment

I'm still not sure i understand what date you are referencing. Reported date is junk - no impact to you. Is it the OPEN date your looking at? how about cutting and pasting what your looking at and deleting the personally identifiable stuff. Can try to assist.

Basically -- it goes like this -- if you open a credit line - and never default -- it will report for 10+ years from the OPEN date (and a side note is to leave it there if it's longer than 10 years ago too) --- if you open a credit line - and DO DEFAULT - the ONLY date that matters for that one is the date of first default (or the last date of default if applicable). That's why I ask what date you are looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
                  Basically -- it goes like this -- if you open a credit line - and never default -- it will report for 10+ years from the OPEN date (and a side note is to leave it there if it's longer than 10 years ago too) --- if you open a credit line - and DO DEFAULT - the ONLY date that matters for that one is the date of first default (or the last date of default if applicable). That's why I ask what date you are looking at.
                  Actually, the 10 year period for positive tradelines begins from the date the account was closed. Let's say you opened a car-loan in January 2002 and paid it off January 2006. You were never late on it. It'll be reported 'til 2016 - not 2012. As you pointed out correctly, some positive accounts might be reported longer than 10 years.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X