Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK Friendly CU's in the Twin Cities?

Hello-

I posted this elsewhere as well...but no responses, so I thought I would try here.

Hubby and I were discharged at the end of December and are on the path of credit rebuilding. We have each received a Capital One card (DH CL $1000, mine $750) both with an annual fee of $19, waived the first year and terrible interest, but we don't plan on carrying any balances.

I have read so many posts about some great bk friendly credit unions - looking to establish a relationship with one and perhaps try for one of their credit cards in 6 months or so. I am just wondering if anyone in the Twin Cities has had a good relationship with a credit union post bk? And if so, which ones?
    Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Try TopLine. We established accounts with them shortly before BK. If you talk with them they will tell you what their guidelines are for CC's etc. We will never go back to one of the TBTF banksters again! We should all be supporting our local community banks and CU's.

Comment

Oxy-moron, BK friendly credit union.

Comment

If you can get into NFCU then they are your best ally. Alliant CU is easy to get into but will not be BK friendly to most people till 3 years after. They did give me a credit card a few weeks ago but gave me the "we don't normally grant credit to BKers until 3 years" schpeal. These aren't "local" to you but you are able to join them remotely.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X