How Many CC's Would You Recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
    Hey Amy, I'm curious since you are further along in the process than I am. Do you really feel that the major CC tradelines have improved your score? And if so by how much?

I am curious as well, and what would count as a major tradeline? What about something from a credit union?

My VS also survived my BK and I have used it all of once in two years... and even then the only reason I used it is because I was afraid they would shut me down after 3 cli and still no usage from me. It's actually not that bad of a card as long as it is PIF since the interest is so high. I used the card once and they bombarded me with coupons. I ended up giving them to a friend who asked me in disbelief "You don't even want the free panties?" lol
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by feelingnutsy View Post
      Hey---Amy---is there a link to get this Hooters card?
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Well I do feel they have helped my score, I don't really know entirely how much as I had a few major ones pretty much right away after discharge. A "major" card is anything with MC, Visa, Discover, Amex. Credit Unions do "count" and are usually the best bang for the buck with us BKers.

After my cards aged past 6+ months I really started to see my score start going up. After discharge I was stuck in the low 600's for a while but now my highest score is 695 with Equifax and my lowest is Experian at 674. Experian is just retarded and I try to stay away from creditors that use this bureau. They still have some of my BK accounts reporting as charge offs and I've given up trying to get rid of them for now.

The other benefit to my score has been the larger credit limits I've got recently which has helped me keep my utilization lower. When I just had Capital One and Hooters it made my utilization spike past 30% sometimes cause it was harder to manage the amounts with such low limits. Now, I keep it down around 10-20% and as soon as my reports get updated this month it should go down below 10% as Navy just gave me a 5k increase.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

What credit card can I get after BK with little or no annual fee?

Comment

Originally posted by freeatlast98 View Post
            What credit card can I get after BK with little or no annual fee?
            Cap 1 is the only unsecured card I know of, although some people say Hooters had no fee. Many credit unions have no fee secured cards.
            A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Thanks for the info and link---Amy26.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X