APPROVED! again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APPROVED! again!!

Approved today for 24,000 by cap 1 (I bk'd them as well). Interest rate is high 15% so I'm not too sure about it but I got it to think about. Approved by Credit one as well for $350.00

So 1 year post BK:

Orchard Bank (approved) ???
    Capitol One (approved) $750.00
    Credit One (approved) $350.00
    Capitol One Auto (approved) $24,000.00

Wow $24,000 is a nice sum! What is your credit score if I may ask?

Comment

I'm also 1 year post BK, actually 13 months since discharge and I have also been able to get 2 credit cards so far. One from Capital One that started with a limit of $250, then went to $500 after 3 on-time payment and then to $750 after another 3 on-time payments. The second is Orchard Bank and that was for $500 and I just got that one today. The Capital One I've had for over 7 months. I'm not spending on either, just got them to help rebuild my score, which was already at 680 with Equifax 5 months ago.

Comment

For all you people getting the CapOne cards even after you BK on them, I have a question. Do you use the "check to see if I pre-quality" thing from their front page? If so, does it come up with something like "You are pre-qualified!" or does it say (as it does to me) "Sorry, we dont have any offers for you at this time."? Then, it always suggests something like "No offers for you at this time but you may be interested in the following offers/cards"... to which if I try to apply, always get denied.

Thanks.
        Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

That 24K is for an auto loan just to be clear.

Comment

I filed Chapter 7 in May 2010,discharged August 2010
            was denied unsecured Cap one card in October 2010 offered secured declined to put up money was finally offered unsecured with $750 limit in December 2010 and yes I did have cap one in my BK

Comment

Originally posted by ben1381 View Post
              ... was finally offered unsecured with $750 limit in December 2010 and yes I did have cap one in my BK
              But how were you offered? Did you receive something in the mail did you get pre-qualified online or did you just apply online without a pre-qualify?
              Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
                For all you people getting the CapOne cards even after you BK on them, I have a question. Do you use the "check to see if I pre-quality" thing from their front page? If so, does it come up with something like "You are pre-qualified!" or does it say (as it does to me) "Sorry, we dont have any offers for you at this time."? Then, it always suggests something like "No offers for you at this time but you may be interested in the following offers/cards"... to which if I try to apply, always get denied.

Thanks.

even if it says "You are pre-qualified!" and u decide to apply u can still get denied.
                Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
                Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
                Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post

Thanks.
                  Even though it doesn't have a preapproval for you, you could still be qualified. You are only going to see those pre approval offers if you aren't opt'd out. I applied for capital one 3 times after BK'ing them before I was approved. The first few times they kept saying "previous delinquency with capital one" but then they finally caved.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X