top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues obtaining a free annual credit report after BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues obtaining a free annual credit report after BK?

I just tried all 3 companies. One stated I had already obtained my yearly report (I'm 99% sure that didn't happen but I'll take them at their word), the second said they were unable to verify my identity or I may have a fraud alert on file (wasn't done by me) and the third stated there was a "system problem" and I should try again later, but a quick look on Google suggests this is not a problem that will clear up. Has anyone else had absolutely no luck pulling their credit reports after discharge? My credit is not super important to me right now but I would like to work on it sometime in the near future.

Wonder if my BK attorney's office saved themselves some $$$ and pulled all my free reports. ;)
    Last edited by nceguyfromne; 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM.
    4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
    5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
    10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Credit Report

Try annualcreditreport.com. It's what I used and is free, once a year. It provides reports for all 3 credit reporting agencies. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by carlsbadmike View Post
      Try annualcreditreport.com. It's what I used and is free, once a year. It provides reports for all 3 credit reporting agencies. Good luck.
      I should have clarified, that was the site I used. I have used it in the past without issue.
      Last edited by nceguyfromne; 02-04-2011, 12:34 PM.
      4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
      5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
      10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

You can use creditKarma.com to pull a credit score for free as many times as you want. I check mine every month

Comment

I requested my three annual credit reports from annualcreditreport.com last month and had the same problem! I have to send in my ID to Experian and Equfax (as they couldn't find my file with what I provided) and deal with Transunion (they say I received it, but I couldn't view it on-line). I didn't have an issue when discharged last year, either! Hope you find out what the problem was and get your free reports as required by law!
          November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X